BC Failure Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You keep coming back to the scare tactics, "...whats your life . I agree the new diver (actually, all divers) should conduct competent inspections (or have such inspections conducted) frequently on their scuba gear. I just don't necessarily have the faith in "authorized dealers" that you seem to have. I have seen too many half-assed jobs done by "authorized dealers" to put any special trust in that moniker.

Ok We are close to the same page!Yes some dealers can be bad,half ass ed! that's why its important and I leave this up to each diver to make sure its a authorized dealer especially with regulators,I dive vintage regs to modern stuff & cold water and yearly run thru everything,I was about to drop some Aqua Lung regs off at local shop that was a servicing dealer at one time, when I asked if he was authorized service dealer, "not "this means he may or may not have the training,manuals and tools so I had to change course.

And yes I dive vintage and don't need a BCD for warm water dives-like Florida springs,less the wet suit and just a back plate its great,but the way new diving techniques are taught with thick wet suits in cold waters,over leading to get a diver down a BCD well is needed and is a life jacket on the surface to hold a diver up.

not going to kick old ghosts around both were sad occasions,both had equipment failures with diver error thrown in! both I believe could of been prevented, and that's my 2 cents all I have are reports,hearsay,news articles and scared **** less dive partners that disappear after these sad unforeseen,untimely death's!

Back
Top Bottom