BC vs. BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coke vs pepsi.... verb vs noun..... bouancy compensator vs Bouancy compensating device, really the only difference is one way of calling it is a verb the other way is a noun (i.e. what it does vs what it is), yet it is a "bc" it also is a "bcd" or for ex some one ask whats that?... its a Bouancy compensator. just adding device to the end allwos it to be percived as a "device" that is bouancy compensator....

also a "BCD" can be (but not limited to) a Drysuit, BC Jacket, Wetsuit (it floats counter acting the weight of lead etc..), Your Lungs, a Lift bag, a near empty, or full AL tank (as it tends to float when empty, and sink when full), lead weights, steel tanks (they have weight as well), SMB (surface marker bouy), basically any thing you use to add or subtract weight, or to float, sink, or stay netural can be called a "Bouancy Compensating Device" i guess, as for all the above are used for controling your bouancy, or the boyancy of another object etc....

My husband has been diving for 30 years and he always called his a BC, I recently got certified and everyone was calling it a BCD. Glad to hear I was not the only confused person. I am all for BC calling it a BC!

I say DAMN YOU ALL....I call mine a RIG...:wink:..

Used in a phrase.
I set up my RIG with a set of twins.
My RIG is properly balanced.
My RIG is SLIMMER than your BC/BCD.

Now go dive your BC, BCD, BP/W or RIG.....
as long as you remember to-turn on your GAS..:mooner:

Safe dives

I call mine a BP/W ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

get back under your bridge troll

Why do you need buoyancy when your diving? :confused:

I always just walk around on the rocks and in the silt. :cool2:

i would not want to be walking in silt cave diving...

I think pigs can fly now. they used to be horse collars, or milk jugs, or just nothing. now we have computers and a place to talk about gear, rigs, BP/W, floatys, BC, BCD, Hydro displacement volume compensation devices.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Romeo & Juliet

(BTW - if I just helped you pass your English Lit exam you owe me a beer)

Back
Top Bottom