BCD for my teenage daughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently switched from the lady hawk to the hydros love it. It cranks down smaller than the lady hawk. The hydros molds to your back so no more rubbing

I would get the Hydros, look at their X-Tek line or go bp/w if I were to get another BC now. I have a friend that loves her Hydros too. It's nice and packable for travel, too.

My only question would be, How much do you expect her to grow? If not at all you could go with a standard sized BC and let her replace it later on. If you expect her to grow a size or two, a BC that will allow you to replace components economically is going to be your best choice. A BPW will grow with a diver and the only real thing to replace short of the wing if it fails or she gets into doubles is 12-15 dollars worth of webbing. And it can be custom fitted to her at every stage of growth. She can accessorize it the way she wants. No having to adapt to mfg preference and idea.
The Zeagle express can also be adjusted through a very wide range.

Back
Top Bottom