BCD question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

umm... I thought 32lb lift would be for single. Thanks for the info.
32 lb of lift IS fine for a single cylinder. Yes, under certain conditions - warm water, minimum neoprene and therefore minimum added weight, you can use wings down to 18 lb. My favorite single cylinder wing - 3mm suit in salt water - is a 30lb Halcyon.

Wide wings like that are for doubles. Didn’t see the listing with weight only the pic. The shapes screamed doubles to me.

Something else to learn. Does anyone know about my question on the splots long holes on the sides of the round holes for bolts. Does that mean my assumptions are correct?

Marie13, Sorry I forgot that I posted only a picture :D. It is a 32lbs.

Thanks.

Rnln, do yourself a favor and get to a reputable dive shop (or two) and have them help you set up a solid system based on your needs. Ask a bunch of questions and, if they know what they are doing (hopefully they do), they will save you a lot of hassle and headaches. Trying to save a buck by buying used gear when you don't understand the fundamental concepts involved pretty much guarantees frustration and wasted money.

Hi Can't Talk ... Diving,
Thanks for your suggestion. In fact, I went from shop to online and to this board. I already bought a back inflate, but searching to see if I can get into back plate. It is not only that I lower cost, but also want to learn and know it as much as I can. Also, with the kind of answers/knowledge I received from here, I don't think any shop would put up for it, even IF they know them all.
Thanks again.

BTW, I want to take this chance to say thank to everyone, including this and other thread of questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom