BCD wouldn't let air out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I squeeze my bcd down before donning but after having done a complete gear check.

I'm not breathing out of it unless I have to do so.

I've had serious pneumonia twice in my life unrelated to scuba, as far as we know, and have zero interest in potentially compromising my lungs by subjecting myself to anything that so easily can be avoided.

I squeeze my bcd down before donning but after having done a complete gear check.

Agreed. I do the same and simply give the rear valve a little tug to eliminate the rest upon hitting the water. Years ago a friend and classic old school diver promoted sucking the air from the wing for negative entries. Even though I maintain my gear obsessively I personally found the task somewhat unpleasant.

I will NEVER ever use the community mask bucket again either. The one time I had someone rinse my mask in the fun filled Petri dish I was sick for ten days! Coincidence?

I will NEVER ever use the community mask bucket again either. The one time I had someone rinse my mask in the fun filled Petri dish I was sick for ten days! Coincidence?
Not coincidence.....documented. Don't have the citation handy.

I don't ever rinse in there either.

I'm use all natural product spit as my defog. Ergo, I don't need to explain that the communal bucket is gross. I say it is because they don't want my mask in the bucket, hehehe

I'm not breathing out of it unless I have to do so.

I've had serious pneumonia twice in my life unrelated to scuba, as far as we know, and have zero interest in potentially compromising my lungs by subjecting myself to anything that so easily can be avoided.
This always bugs me. Divers that won’t take a few breaths before diving because they think they’re using up gas.

Clearly have no idea of Boyle’s law.
And people not breathing as they descend to save air.
It makes no sense and people shouldn’t be even qualified if they don’t understand such basics

People suggesting breathing from a BC makes sense.
A few people suggested it, most said it was a dumb idea.
People thinking they’re saving air when they’re not.
I missed this in the thread, sorry. Who said that?
Screw your rant
It is your rant, not mine. So I guess you need to screw it yourself.

A few people suggested it, most said it was a dumb idea.

I missed this in the thread, sorry. Who said that?

It is your rant, not mine. So I guess you need to screw it yourself.
Always happy to. If you read a few posts up you’d understand my post.

Why so antagonistic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom