BDE vs St. Johns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi;
You should contact your diving certification association and have them send you a new card or paperwork showing your status. Every boat I have been on checks your card for diving ..

@Pyro_ and @KrisR nailed it.

Enjoy BDE! There is internet/cell signal at Port Ghalib so they can check it then. I would also take a screen shot of the website and keep it with you just in case.

Hey KrisR
hello again. one more question for you
what is the alcohol situation on the JP Marine? is the bar reasonably priced? should i just carry some duty free? i read somewhere that you need to preorder or something like that? would you know?
thanks once again!

Hi,
There is a pre order form where you can order beer and wine, the beer is 500ml tins which is pretty good. The wine is a bit expensive but not ridiculous , my wife prefers wine so we just ordered it too. If you don't pre order however they will double check when you get on the boat and then they will go and get you what you want. You keep your alcohol in your room and write your names on the booze you want to chill in the fridge. We kept 6 tins in the fridge along with wine and just replaced each time we took one so always had a cold selection. If you like spirits you will need to bring that yourself as duty free, I always bring a bottle of whisky to share out with willing volunteers. After all- it is a holiday.
No problem , happy to help.

Hi,
There is a pre order form where you can order beer and wine, the beer is 500ml tins which is pretty good. The wine is a bit expensive but not ridiculous , my wife prefers wine so we just ordered it too. If you don't pre order however they will double check when you get on the boat and then they will go and get you what you want. You keep your alcohol in your room and write your names on the booze you want to chill in the fridge. We kept 6 tins in the fridge along with wine and just replaced each time we took one so always had a cold selection. If you like spirits you will need to bring that yourself as duty free, I always bring a bottle of whisky to share out with willing volunteers. After all- it is a holiday.
No problem , happy to help.
Thanks again...cheers!

Thanks again...cheers!
More doubts :D
1. is an SMB mandatory there?
2. is there some kind of luggage storage on land or do we have to take everything on the boat?
3. any other packing tips would be appreciated?(any stuff to bring or not to bring)

this is my first liveaboard so i hope you dont mind me asking all sorts of silly questions!
thanks again

1. is an SMB mandatory there?

At least one for each buddy pair.

2. is there some kind of luggage storage on land or do we have to take everything on the boat?

People bring everything on the boat but i’m Sure some extra money can fix something once you are there. I wouldn’t leave expensive things behind to. There is also hidden room on the boat. See question 3.

3. any other packing tips would be appreciated?(any stuff to bring or not to bring)

Once you arrive you can make your tank and wing ready and put your mask etc in a box under it. I always find it easy when it is separate from my clothes so that I can take a small bag to my room and leave the big suitcase behind empty so the crew can store it somewhere on the boat till the end of the trip.

At least one for each buddy pair.

People bring everything on the boat but i’m Sure some extra money can fix something once you are there. I wouldn’t leave expensive things behind to. There is also hidden room on the boat. See question 3.

Once you arrive you can make your tank and wing ready and put your mask etc in a box under it. I always find it easy when it is separate from my clothes so that I can take a small bag to my room and leave the big suitcase behind empty so the crew can store it somewhere on the boat till the end of the trip.
Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom