• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Be Cautious Diving and Traveling Abroad

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA and Friends perspectives' started by El Hefe 612, Aug 12, 2017.

1. WeRtheOcean

WeRtheOcean Nassau Grouper

There were African cultures who had a place for homosexuals -- until Christian missionaries came along. Never forget that Uganda's recent laws for capital punishment of homosexual acts were instigated by American evangelicals.

2. DiveTheGalapagos

DiveTheGalapagos ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Galapagos is a very friendly place and also impossible to get residency in unless you were born there or your parents were...or if you marry someone with residency. That's how my friend got his German boyfriend residency...they married. I manage a liveaboard in Galapagos. PM me if you want to know more.

3. waterbridge

waterbridge Garibaldi

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I live in europe and egypt ist one of the most famous dive destinations here - warm water, very good visibility, cheap, mostly intact coral reefs compared to other places. I just want to report my experiences with the LGBT+egypt+red sea :)

I was several times in egypt together with other gay-divers and we had never a problem. However, we have always taken care to ensure that it always appears to the outside that we are simply "normal heterosexual men" who simply want to dive. During a diving holiday a European employee of an Egyptian diving base asked us on the last day if we were "together". We weren't a couple, but we still said that we are LGBT ;-)

4. txaggie08

txaggie08 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Dahab, some of the Egyptian sites, the red sea, are all on my list of dreams.

As a trans woman, I fear for my life going there.

5. stoneshirt

stoneshirt Angel Fish

6. Tippytoes12

Tippytoes12 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    If you go on a LOB you will have absolutely no problem. Coming from the UK , my husband and I have done many LOBs to Egypt. The divers have included groups of friends , couples , families, dive groups and many many divers travelling solo. Nobody will come all the way to Egypt to stress about how another diver chooses to live her life and the crew will be accustomed to dealing with divers from cultures all over the world and too busy to even think about it.

None of us will Dive forever , so we should enjoy this amazing hobby when we can !

chillyinCanada likes this.