Beaver Lake Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OUScubaGrad07

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm going to beaver lake tomorrow. I've never been there before and would appreciate someone giving me a list of dive sites and tell me how i can find a map with them. I am going to be taking a boat so if you know of any sites accesible by boat let me know! Also what is there to see at beaver? I'd heard rumors that there is a little town somewhere at the bottom of the lake from where they flooded the valley. Is it true? All i know is that i've heard the viz is generally good.

Any advice anyone can give me on diving beaver lake? (besides bringing a 5 mil wetsuit?)

Most of the diving starts at some small bluffs in a park on the north side of the dam. Stairstep like drop offs that are full of small fish. There is a dive shop at "Lost Bridge marina?" on the northwest side of the lake. Air and information are on the water. Most lake businesses and fishing stores will have lake maps which may keep you from getting lost.

A good tip for every lake is find the old river bed; that will be the path of water currents. Anywhere the current flowing toward the dam is blocked by a steep shoreline, is worth a look. The current carries an increase in food and usually the water will be clearer. If the shore is too steep for your comfort, find the edge between verticle and sloping. A map will show some areas where small hills come up to the shallow depths without reaching the surface, these can be very good dives.

If the wife is making it easy for you to dive. . . take her into Eureka Springs for dinner. A very pretty sight in the evening.

OUScubaGrad07:
I'd heard rumors that there is a little town somewhere at the bottom of the lake from where they flooded the valley. Is it true? All i know is that i've heard the viz is generally good.

First, take a 7mm suit if you got it, or you'll find you're going to get cold.

Second, there to my knowledge is no town under Beaver Lake, Table Rock Lake is the town that people think had a town called Oasis under it. Look for postings from me in this sub forum about it. Or go to Scubatoys and look on their forum in the midwest section for more info on Oasis.

Third, visit Jim and C&J scuba for more detailed info on diving sites, he's got stuff put out at most of them and can tell you where they are.

We were there last weekend and the surface temp was 82* and at 45' it was 57*. The thermocline is right at 30'. Needless to say, we didn't stay long at that depth with our 3/2mm suits. We now have a 5mm john/jacket for me and a 7mm j/j for my wife. Another diver that was there said it was around 50' at 100-120' and he was in a dry suit. Enjoy.

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I already have plans to hit Jake's Point with the boat tomorrow or I would make the trip with you.

Call Mike from Sho-Me Scuba around 830 am or so and see if he is going to Beaver. He cleared his calendar on his website for July, so I have NO idea if he's going out this weekend. If he's going to Beaver I would see if he's got room for you on his boat to hitch a ride for a small fee. Most sites at Beaver will require a boat to access. Foundations (old home site and school bus), helicopter cove, the platform, and the bluffs.

882-3483 dive shop

I'm heading to work in a few minutes (off at 8), but if you want you can give me a call anytime if need be. If I reschedule for Beaver, it would be around noon before I can even hit the water.

All the rain early summer lowered the temps pretty drastically. Seems like the temps at 60ft are staying around 50* or less at Beaver. 60ft is the depth of the deepest aircraft at helicopter cove. Not much, other than the drop off by the foundation, to see deeper than 60ft on Beaver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom