Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Title says it all. I've been diving all over the Midwest this summer. Did the Straits in late July as a last hurrah with a friend before I started my new job (laid off in late March due to the stupid plague, new job is permanent work from home). Drove 1000 miles roundtrip in 48 hours for two dives. Sandusky (85ft) and Eber Ward bow (106ft). Second day of diving was cancelled due to bad t'storms. Nice drive home through the UP and WI.

Doubles are broken up. My knees couldn't take the weight anymore. Back to SM. Working out much better this time than when I originally tried it two years ago Got a pair of LP50s a couple of weeks ago after a friend about my age was diving them at a Midwest quarry. Love them. Found a shop near me that will overfill them nicely.

Got plenty of diving plans in the works, but that's my business.

E4C718F8-4BC7-4768-8E34-700AD8FF9F12.png

The cycle continues

You can always double up the 50s...

I see it didn't take long for this thread to get moderated and for my "inappropriate" post to be removed. Too funny.

@Marie13 ... just be safe and be happy.

Going forward I will bow out of these engrossing threads.

Bad boy bad boy what ya goin' do......
IMO "inappropriate" like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

@Marie13 I use 2 50LP for BM IDs great little tanks.

Sorry to read about your knee issues, hope you are doing well with sidemount.

May i ask you whats is the difference to your first ( not so good) Sidemount try?

Sorry to read about your knee issues, hope you are doing well with sidemount.

May i ask you whats is the difference to your first ( not so good) Sidemount try?

I don’t exactly know. Maybe two more years diving experience? Couldn’t really tell you specifics.

I have a question about BM vs SM and how it is better for your knees? Weight is weight so as long as you are carrying that weight above your knees, your knees see the same amount of weight? I've seen this come up several time in SM discussions and I don't get it but I do understand it places the weight differently but it is still weight above the knees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom