Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting rid of my Fusion. Ordered a custom DUI FLX Extreme earlier in the week, as well as a custom undersuit. I'm sick of crap that doesn't fit just right. Arms/leg length is always an issue. The arms on the Fusion have always been just enough too long that they bothered me (always pulling them up), and I tolerated the placement of the zipper, although I was never very fond of it.

Should have my DUI by Christmas. A buddy is buying my Fusion.

i knew youd drop the bag suit sooner or later ...........i never could dive it as they never seem to fit right ...dui is the way to go

I'm getting rid of my Fusion. Ordered a custom DUI FLX Extreme earlier in the week, as well as a custom undersuit. I'm sick of crap that doesn't fit just right. Arms/leg length is always an issue. The arms on the Fusion have always been just enough too long that they bothered me (always pulling them up), and I tolerated the placement of the zipper, although I was never very fond of it.

Should have my DUI by Christmas. A buddy is buying my Fusion.

I will be interested in your feedback on the DUI suit.

My first 3 suits where DUI, two Membrane, and one crushed neoprene [1].
(I still have one Membrane for travelling).
When my crushed neoprene finally died, I was looking for a replacement. I would have bought another DUI, except all the suits I had seen over the more recent years were appalling, poor quality, holes, failed stitching, leaks. Worse still, their customer 'support' was even worse.
So I bought a 'temporary' suit, (as it happens a whites fusion, because they where being cleared as they where being rebadged).
Surprisingly, its still going strong (I did have the arms shortened when I had Kudis fitted). It's a bitch to get off on your own.

I am strongly considering an O3. All the O3's I've seen have been good quality and have lasted well, with excellent customer support. A couple of my buddies have O3's that have lasted a similar time to my DUI crushed neoprene.

Looking forward to your feedback.

[1] My DUI crushed neoprene was originally black, i had it so long it was a green by the time I stopped using it. It was a running joke that others wanted a green suit but it wasn't in the catalogue.

I’ve known a few people with DUI issues on recent suits, but they were the lower end stock suits and the issues were primarily with the plastic zipper. I don’t know of anyone with a recent (say within the last year or two) DUI higher end suit that has had issues.

Nice. What made you order the FLX instead of the cf200x with all of the wreck diving you do.

Weight of the suit itself and the additional lead needed to sink neoprene suits.

I'm doing cavern/intro to cave starting Thanksgiving weekend. Never thought I'd do wet rocks in the dark, but, hey, why not? :D Instructor suggested it, not me. I'd have not come up with this on my own. :D I'm doing it elsewhere in the Midwest.
Good luck and enjoy the course.
Midwest? Makes sense, considering you’re a fan of colder water.
I know where there’s a 38-42*F cave if you really want cool wet rocks. Lol

Title says it all. I've been diving all over the Midwest this summer. Did the Straits in late July as a last hurrah with a friend before I started my new job (laid off in late March due to the stupid plague, new job is permanent work from home). Drove 1000 miles roundtrip in 48 hours for two dives. Sandusky (85ft) and Eber Ward bow (106ft). Second day of diving was cancelled due to bad t'storms. Nice drive home through the UP and WI.

Doubles are broken up. My knees couldn't take the weight anymore. Back to SM. Working out much better this time than when I originally tried it two years ago Got a pair of LP50s a couple of weeks ago after a friend about my age was diving them at a Midwest quarry. Love them. Found a shop near me that will overfill them nicely.

Got plenty of diving plans in the works, but that's my business.

View attachment 612313

Congrats on the new job and all the diving, this has been a challenging year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom