Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got home from picking up my suit. Fits so much better. :D Fusion made me into a sausage. :rofl3: Did have to go up to larger fins, but I had ordered a size large pair of the Deep 6 Eddy in white and they arrived over the weekend. Will be using the Viking rings and pullover gloves.

Custom undies are going to take another month or so.
7C4510F6-139F-4733-937B-A64C2D6B82C5.jpeg

Sold my 4 remaining HP80s locally. Will be nice to have the space and the cash.

Wow that was quick.

Some random impressions after having my new suit at home and put it on some.

Much easier to get on. One layer of suit, not two. I can zip it up myself AND unzip myself. No help needed. Wow. Much more flexible. Much more mobility. Shop owner/instructor joked I could probably do a doubles valve drill now. :rofl3:

I have silicone zip seals on neck and wrists. Zip seals, despite the higher cost, are a heck of a lot less in the way on my narrow shoulders than either of the first or second generation SiTech neck systems I had on previous suits.

I will say DUI does some wonky stuff with their seals. I’m used to how the SiTech seals come. Wrist/neck end is open and you just trim as needed. I never had to trim the regular sized SiTech neck or wrist seals. They come as a closed end funnel shape.

63027ADA-3EEB-4F93-B272-E8E3D47070F4.png

I’m using the Viking pullover rings. The hard inner ring goes inside the wrist seal and then the rubber outer ring over that. Gloves are somewhat difficult to get on. Buddies don’t mind helping.

I got the Ultra Flex boots (think that’s what they’re called). Much more supportive than the soft Fusion boots.

Wonderful to have a suit that doesn’t make me look like a sausage. :D

Had hoped to dive the mine both days this weekend, but the first major snow storm of the season is due to hit Friday night/Saturday. Looks like just Sunday now, due to the distance buddies and I have to drive. First post class dives. :wink:

Dived my new suit today at the mine. Fits so much better than the Fusion

Two dives. That 1/6th goes quick! :wink:

Air temp 20F. Water temp 50F (constant year round). About 4” of snow on the ground from yesterday. The guys yesterday shoveled out the parking area and path to the water. They even cleared a shovel wide path down the little road into the woods where we go pee behind a tree. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom