Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I reach between my body and the tanks to get to D rings. I can’t reach around them either.
Should be no problem to reach them that way.

Y'all putting your arms between the primary SM tanks and your bodies either got yourself some stick-arms or your tanks are floating loose. Ain't no way my hand fits through that tiny space, 'specially with dryglove rings on.

Mounting a deco tank on top of primary SM tanks can be done back-to-front or front-to-back, but the first is easier. (I'm using an SMS 100, so this procedure is based on that configuration.)
  1. Clip the bottom boltsnap to the doorknob.
  2. Run your hand along the stage tank until you get to the neck.
  3. Grab the neck boltsnap.
  4. Make an up-and-over motion to lay the deco tank parallel atop the primary tank.
  5. Clip in the top boltsnap to a shoulder D-ring.

I’m with @stretchthepenn - there’s no way my hand is getting in between body and primary tank. I’ve tried.

I clip on front to back. Top D ring (SMS75 has two D rings on each shoulder) and door handle on built in butt plate.

Got my own Trimix analyzer - Divesoft Solo. It arrived yesterday.

Redid the rigging on my deco bottle. Moved the worm clamp down a good bit. Took the “handle” off. Top leash is rigged like I do on my primaries, just with thick bungee instead of paracord. I may have a small bungee for the valve coming from the same top D ring deco bottle gets clipped to. Diving at the local quarry Saturday so I’ll play with it a bit. Looks like our next class day will likely be in the next couple of weeks.

Next class day is Monday. Soloing at the quarry today and it’s just a gorgeous day out here. They’re closed tomorrow for the holiday and there are very few classes out here today. Mostly fun divers. I got a spot with a lot of shade, room to spread out. We have a nice breeze which helps with the heat. Supposed to be close to 90 today. Ugh.

Class today was challenging, as it should be. Some things have improved. Have my homework of certain things to work on before next class day at the end of the month.

41F at 108ft. Wazee Lake in WI. Air temp was low 90s and so damned humid. :(

Me and my trusty cart - the best friend of gimpy divers everywhere (besides boat lifts)! The pink swim ring is not part of my gear. Kid’s toy on the dive site beach. :D

145D7410-D34A-4866-81F8-043C8674FDFE.jpeg

..dive site beach.
Those are great 'fold-up' carts and can easily hold 2 tanks & gear.
Viz behind you looks great for the lake!!

Those are great 'fold-up' carts and can easily hold 2 tanks & gear.
Viz behind you looks great for the lake!!

This is Wazee Lake in WI where I’ve been training. Former open pit iron ore mine. Max depth of 350ft. Viz was pretty nice! My cart is rated for 200lbs. Can hold 2 x LP85s and an AL40 easily.

Class today was challenging, as it should be. Some things have improved. Have my homework of certain things to work on before next class day at the end of the month.

41F at 108ft. Wazee Lake in WI. Air temp was low 90s and so damned humid. :(
yeah I was up there Saturday through Monday. it was not fun putting that drysuit on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom