beginner 1 x DS1 or 2 x YS-01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received my -D1s today. I am going out on a boat dive tomorrow in Carmel so I'll get a chance to put them thru their paces, and vis is often 60-80ft in the spots I'll be diving so I may be able to get some wide angle shots. I'd like to thank Mike for subsidizing my new purchase by buying my -01s. :)

Hi Martin,
Great reply/report, when do we get to see some sort of in field testing from you guys and the YS-D1?
Bruce

We can dive them when you guys quite calling in and buying them before the cross the doorwary! :D And when our 2-3ft of viz due to algae blooms abate.

We can dive them when you guys quite calling in and buying them before the cross the doorwary! :D And when our 2-3ft of viz due to algae blooms abate.

Always complaining. . . .we would love 2-3 feet of vis down here. . . :wink:

Marc,

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures from your D1s in Carmel. I just wish I had enough cash right now to get the D1s instead of the 01s but I am sure they will be good to start.

I would buy one strobe and one bright video light like the SOLA 1200. Great for focusing video and photos in brighter conditions

Hi All,

I am also a beginner and I have a YS-01 for my G12. Plan to buy additional strobe. Do you think I should buy another YS-01 or a YS-D1 instead?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Hi All,

I am also a beginner and I have a YS-01 for my G12. Plan to buy additional strobe. Do you think I should buy another YS-01 or a YS-D1 instead?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Two strobes are mostly for wide angle as they eliminate all shadows from close up work that are usually pleasant. However if you like those kind of pictures an YS-01 is sufficient for your G12 min aperture of f/8

The YS-D1 becomes a requirements with cameras that stop at smaller aperture like the Sony RX100 or the Olympus micro 4/3 if you do wide angle

Hope you have a good dive.
I received my -D1s today. I am going out on a boat dive tomorrow in Carmel so I'll get a chance to put them thru their paces, and vis is often 60-80ft in the spots I'll be diving so I may be able to get some wide angle shots. I'd like to thank Mike for subsidizing my new purchase by buying my -01s. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom