"Beginner" Dive trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's many place in Indonesia where you can enjoy easy diving incl. wreck diving with shallow not deeper than 60 ft, no or mild current - and low guide diver ratio 1 : 2 or even 1 : 1 to take care of you.
Since my younger daughter (10 years old) certified, I dive with her within Jr. OW limitation of 40 ft with 1 DM while my wife and elder daughter can go deeper with other DM. I am not a new diver, but for safety reason i always require at least there is 2 experienced adult diver in close proximity on every dive. I can help my daughter if something happen but I doubt she can do to me. So far no additional cost for use to have 1 DM for 2 divers.
Lembeh and Tulamben Bali is our favorite destination for this reason. Check my galery or my daughters blogs below my signatures what we see in (mostly) shallow water.
Anyway, new or not - good buoyancy control is very crucial for diving here - the places are full with fragile corals and or small critters. I noticed after certified my wife buoyancy was not good, so immediately I ask her to join PPB class - it helped a lot.

... But I do know that when I was freshly certified and looking for charters I made it a point to tell them ahead of time that I was new and not looking to get in over my head...
Gee! I thought the whole idea of diving was to get in over your head! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom