beginner diver back plate and wing config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I missed it did you go with standard or stiff webbing? And what do you think feeling wise of which either you chose?
I have nothing to compare the stiffness to because I've never dove a harness but the recommendation for the Piranha webbing was to go with their "Stiff Version" webbing but to stay away from their "Stiffer webbing" stuff for SCUBA harness.

as per @rsingler and others - LOOK HERE

I went with the navy blue

@CDMac 2 things:

1) You are missing the o-ring or bungee loop on the left shoulder D-ring to hold the inflator hose.
2) VDH sells the shoulder pads cheaper than DGX.​

# Yeah in my post I noted "I need a bungee for my inflator hose and I'll be ready to roll."
# Yes, but I'm a jacka$$ and didn't order them when I got the wing. I was so excited that the 18# was in stock, I added it to my cart, and finished the checkout before I realized I was going to order a couple of other things.

For open water they usually offer NASE and SDI. I went SDI for my OW and NASE for Nitrox. You already started a portion through padi correct?
Yes, I have all my eLearing and pool dives with PADI for OW so I'll stay with PADI at least for OW and then decide what's next (AOW and Nitrox certs for sure with whichever agency).

And they have the matching logo to his wing. Matching ftw lol
DAMN you guys.. now I have to go spend more $ on matching shoulder pads...

All due respect to Brian, I don't like these big logos on the straps.

It looks great on the wing, though.

If it was a Nike swoosh, maybe....
upload_2019-4-19_10-2-18.png

Flint and steel man.... don't you carry that in your "just in case" kit?

No, only Jack and Coke. Worked for all "in cases" so far.

DAMN you guys.. now I have to go spend more $ on matching shoulder pads...

All due respect to Brian, I don't like these big logos on the straps.

It looks great on the wing, though.

If it was a Nike swoosh, maybe....
View attachment 515449

If you read the description he actually mentions being able to turn them inside out so you don’t see the logo if you don’t like them.

# Yeah in my post I noted "I need a bungee for my inflator hose and I'll be ready to roll."

I am sorry I missed your comment. Your rig looks good. Personally I prefer using a large O-ring to hold the inflator ala Halcyon. I think it looks neater. If using bungee, StuartV ties the knot like for a bungee regulator necklace which looks good.

I am not sure if you mentioned it, but you want a cutting tool also. Unfortunately, there is more than a bit of fishing line off the coast of South Florida. You want to be able to cut it in case you get tangled.

I am sorry I missed your comment. Your rig looks good. Personally I prefer using a large O-ring to hold the inflator ala Halcyon. I think it looks neater. If using bungee, StuartV ties the knot like for a bungee regulator necklace which looks good.

I am not sure if you mentioned it, but you want a cutting tool also. Unfortunately, there is more than a bit of fishing line off the coast of South Florida. You want to be able to cut it in case you get tangled.
No worries. Yeah I’m starting to see how everyone talks about the never ending gearing up. Lots of little things to be safe and even more to be efficient.

If you read the description he actually mentions being able to turn them inside out so you don’t see the logo if you don’t like them.
Yeah I read that but honestly, I wasn’t sure how the inside would look and I happened to be at DGX so I just bought them. I’m sure I’ll need some more at some time and will think about givng the vdh ones a spin. Thanks for pointing out I’m a moron for spending 19 when I could have spent 5 :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom