Beginner in Krabi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misterno

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be going to Thailand the week of November 14, for 1 week only.

I have been looking at different sites, reading various advice from this site, and all leads point in the direction of the Andaman Coast. I'm narrowing it down to Phuket and Krabi, because it seems that the Similans are a little too much for a beginner.

I'm also reading that diving centers like Sea Bees, West Coast Divers, Blue Planet and Visa Diving Centers are reputable businesses to make deal with for daytrips. I also see on their websites that one can make reservations online. So my question is this: How imperative is it to make reservations? Can I just show up a few days prior to, and say I want to go diving? If I must reserve my "dive", how far ahead in advance must I do this?

The thing is, I don't know which day exactly I will be in the area, since I plan on staying in Bangkok a few days before heading down South. Also, I don't want to get stuck having to deal with low-end quality dive centers. This will be my first dive, not counting the ones from my training a few weeks ago, and I want no complications. I don't want to miss out on some diving fun just because I missed doing this procedure of reserving. Is this serious or am I thinking too much?

Thanking you in advance for your precious advice.

My advice would be to show up a day in advance of the day you want to dive and let them know you want to go diving. This will give you a chance to get rental gear sorted out and speak to the staff about what sort of diving you will be doing

I really don't think you need to reserve far in advance, don't worry they will get you out diving.

Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom