Info Beginners Guide To BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or you get this

full.jpg

Totally enjoyed this thread. I wish I'd seen that super glue trick years ago before I kept fraying and burning my transpac belt end.

Man o man that Schloeffel guy in the video sure has some attributes but he sure ain't no tool guy

This was cut using a sharp blade, tin can as a template, a bit of lighter and no glue no hammering

full.jpg

until 4 years of more abuse than one could imagine being smashed in the ocean came hammering

and still looks much more better than a bought one

so, I looked around, and couldn't find anything, sorry if this isn't the place...but I just got a new backplate and wing, i'm working on adjusting it...and I find that if I have the shoulders about where I think they should be...relatively snug against my back where I can reach back and touch the plate....the waist belt is right across my chubby belly...if I loosen the shoulders to lower the waist belt so it's about where my pants sit...then it feels like the plate is too low...i'm 6'1, should I instead look for a longer plate? :(

so ultimately, I guess i'm asking...where should the plate / waist belt hit on my chunky body?

Also, is the wing generally just held to the plate by the cam bands and the tank, or should I use some sex bolts to attach it as well? From looking around, it looks like generally you just use bolts for doubles, but I'm wondering if it would keep the wing more stable...especially during storage when I dont have a tank in the bands...

so ultimately, I guess i'm asking...where should the plate / waist belt hit on my chunky body?

Also, is the wing generally just held to the plate by the cam bands and the tank, or should I use some sex bolts to attach it as well?

1. Where you don't hit the back of your head on the 1st stage.

2. I used the top bolt to hold it all together, it makes life a bit easier sometimes.

New wing will be here this Thursday. :bounce:

Y'alls are gonna very quickly grow weary of my posts here...:wink:

so, I looked around, and couldn't find anything, sorry if this isn't the place...but I just got a new backplate and wing, i'm working on adjusting it...and I find that if I have the shoulders about where I think they should be...relatively snug against my back where I can reach back and touch the plate....the waist belt is right across my chubby belly...if I loosen the shoulders to lower the waist belt so it's about where my pants sit...then it feels like the plate is too low...i'm 6'1, should I instead look for a longer plate? :(

Also, is the wing generally just held to the plate by the cam bands and the tank, or should I use some sex bolts to attach it as well? From looking around, it looks like generally you just use bolts for doubles, but I'm wondering if it would keep the wing more stable...especially during storage when I dont have a tank in the bands...

Try this link.

DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate

Should help with the proper adjustment. Then dial it in at a pool.

As far as sex bolts. I typically use an sta for added tank stability. In which case I use bolts to attach the sta, then thread the cam bands through the sta only. Allowing myself the ability to remove the plate and wind without needing to remove the cam bands every time.

Try this link.

DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate

Should help with the proper adjustment. Then dial it in at a pool.

As far as sex bolts. I typically use an sta for added tank stability. In which case I use bolts to attach the sta, then thread the cam bands through the sta only. Allowing myself the ability to remove the plate and wind without needing to remove the cam bands every time.

Thanks @swimlikethefish I think that may be what I was looking for!

Hi everyone.
My first post here.

I'm planing on getting my firstly BCD, and I decided to get a backplate with wing. My instructor dives a DTD set and he recommended them, but I found an Aropec set, which is not quite DIR and I don't know is it worth getting it.

BCD, BC-TEC - Aropec Sports Corp.

If someone has experience with them or thoughts about it, I'd be very thankful.

It's says its a 24kg lift.
I will be diving singles for now, and mostly in cold lakes, wearing usually 2x7mm, with an occasional warm water trip per year.

I can get this configuration for a good price (350$) and I was wondering is it worth it? Should I steer away from it?

I know a Backplate is a piece of metal and a harness are just webbings, I'm mostly interested in the bladder if it looks any good.

Thanks upfront guys.

Hi everyone.
My first post here.

I'm planing on getting my firstly BCD, and I decided to get a backplate with wing. My instructor dives a DTD set and he recommended them, but I found an Aropec set, which is not quite DIR and I don't know is it worth getting it.

BCD, BC-TEC - Aropec Sports Corp.

If someone has experience with them or thoughts about it, I'd be very thankful.

It's says its a 24kg lift.
I will be diving singles for now, and mostly in cold lakes, wearing usually 2x7mm, with an occasional warm water trip per year.

I can get this configuration for a good price (350$) and I was wondering is it worth it? Should I steer away from it?

I know a Backplate is a piece of metal and a harness are just webbings, I'm mostly interested in the bladder if it looks any good.

Thanks upfront guys.
That looks to be more of a doubles wing than a singles wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom