Belize 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miami isn’t too bad. I wouldn’t fly through Atlanta if you paid me.

Miami??? I'm gobsmacked.

It's been a few years but I had decided that I never wanted to do that again.

That said, I don't want to transit through Toronto either.:wink::wink:

I should add the caveat that the Miami gate my flight leaves from to Belize is the one next to the gate my flight lands at from Toronto... it’s all of a 12 yard walk to my next flight.

I have missed 3 connecting flights which had 2 hour + layovers in Atlanta due to immigration there..

I should add the caveat that the Miami gate my flight leaves from to Belize is the one next to the gate my flight lands at from Toronto... it’s all of a 12 yard walk to my next flight.

I have missed 3 connecting flights which had 2 hour + layovers in Atlanta due to immigration there..

What about re-entry? What's that like?

Not terrible, but I’ve only done it twice. Probably around 35 mins including immigration. Both times I had time to sink a bottle of wine in the sushi joint before my flight...
‘Going through Houston on Wednesday to cayman...we will see how that is...

Do you have Nexus Global Entry?

Another option to get through US customs quick is Mobile Passport app which is FREE unless you want to pay for the premium version (of course!).

Sometimes GE line is better, sometimes Mobile Passport is. Just realize once you click submit on Mobile Passport you are committed for that entry, and can't switch to the GE line if you have both.
Mobile Passport App - The App for U.S. customs and immigration

There are now direct flights from Toronto to Belize with Air Canada and Westjet, so why bother with a connection at all?
And Nexus application is a big palaver, but at least hubby has stopped being pulled aside because he seems to share a very common name with a miscreant.

Back
Top Bottom