Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an evening in Belize City, you might try the Celebrity restaurant within walking distance of the Radisson Ft. George. It was a nice change of pace. All IMHO, YMMV. :)

I was on the IV in May as well (were we together?) and most of my co-divers went to the Celebrity on the final night and enjoyed it. I went with my buddy to BTL Park (walkable or a short cab ride from the dock) and ate at one of the food stands they have there. Food was terrific, and the people were super friendly. Spent a long time chatting with them over dinner. They even made a special Belizian soup for us that wasn't normally on the menu. We were the only non-locals there.

I was on a 10 day end of aug on the 111. Felt it was a great boat. I prefer less people and I had no complains. Preferred it to other boats I have been on, it was the first aggressor for me. Better than I was expecting to be honest. Sites were great, but I’m into macro. I wouldn’t go expecting to see a lot of sharks etc. Liked the crew. Lucky to have a room to myself. I like cold room and the cotrollable AC was great. We asked Chris the captain if we could move the night dives from 7:30 pm to 6:15 pm and have dinner after instead of before. Crew was all cool with that and we preferred it. I brought stuff I have needed on other boats that I didn’t need here. Earplugs for engine noise - not needed. Koolaid Flavoured water drops for boat flavoured water- not needed, their filtered wayer was 10/10. Scopal patch for seasickness- not needed. Vick’s to avoid strong boat smells/chemicals - not needed boat smelled great/fresh. There was always one divemaster in the water leading a group and others were with divebuddy in pairs. All the dive sites are easy. Safety stop bar under the boat so you can just hang for 3 mins. I’ll go again on this boat. I had a great time. It was very relaxing. Remember to take a bunch of Sudafed to keep nose/ears clear and I would also take athletic tape as 5 dives a day even with boots will likely create blisters somewhere. Drinking bottle to keep filled with water too. I had no issues with the dive sites. I suspect some people turn their nose up at checkout sites like sandy slope etc as they aren’t ‘wall or challenging dives’ but I personally really like it for the macro stuff found some great nudis and mini flounders. As I always say, of you want sharks get your behind to cocos or Galapagos :wink: nightdiving with big tarpons was very enjoyable. Ping me if you have specific questions. I should also note that the 4 and 3 pretty much follow the same diveroute so you see the other boat in the distance most of the time and you generally dive the same sites on alternate days. On our trip we go to dive the hole, but the 4 missed the window as there was allegedly too much wind for the size of the boat on that day. I have no evidence for this and it’s just a hypothesis, but I suspect that there is a better chance to div he hole on the 3 if you wanted to.... take Alka seltzer too..there is a LOT of food to eat on this boat. All great, but lots that a guy like me of my age needs an AS afterwards to deal with. Mexican/belizian/ribs and wings/nachos/cookies and cupcakes/cheesecake etc etc. Below are a couple of pics. Not even 10% of the stuff I saw, I have hours of footage and feature photos of over 70 ocean ‘fauna’. But As I said, I love macro tiny crabs and nudis etc, we did see some usual reef sharks and nurse sharks etc and lots of turtles/rays, but if it’s sharks I tend to yawn at anything less than hammerheads or tigers :). I would rate this as a great trip for first time liveaboards.

FCC04CC2-D7C9-4A14-B378-D424C8356DFC.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom