Belize Barrier Coral Reef Dive - Tacklebox, San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Did a 2 tank dive today at Tacklebox (80') & Esmerelda (60') canyons in the San Pedro area of the Belize Barrier Coral Reef, with my good friends at Black Durgon Dives in Caye Caulker. As usual, a great dive with lots to see. Only took the camera with me on the first dive at Tacklebox. Here are just a couple videos I took as well as some stills. Disclaimer - Just getting used to using this Sealife camera, and I was never much of a "photag" on dry land either, so enjoy and imagine what it looked like in person :cheers:

Green Moray Eel 1.jpg
Green Moray Eel 2.jpg
Green Moray Eel 3.jpg
Green Morsay Eel 4.jpg
Caribbean Reef Shark 1.jpg
Caribbean Reef Shark 2.jpg
Caribbean Reef Shark 3.jpg
Caribbean Reef Shark 4.jpg
Green Sea Turtle.jpg

Did a 2 tank dive today at Tacklebox (80') & Esmerelda (60') canyons in the San Pedro area of the Belize Barrier Coral Reef, with my good friends at Black Durgon Dives in Caye Caulker. As usual, a great dive with lots to see. Only took the camera with me on the first dive at Tacklebox. Here are just a couple videos I took as well as some stills. Disclaimer - Just getting used to using this Sealife camera, and I was never much of a "photag" on dry land either, so enjoy and imagine what it looked like in person :cheers:

View attachment 457111 View attachment 457112 View attachment 457113 View attachment 457114 View attachment 457115 View attachment 457116 View attachment 457117 View attachment 457118 View attachment 457119

Two buddies & I just returned from CC last week and also did our diving with Black Durgon. Our Turneffe trip was canceled due to the storm that rolled in Sunday morning. Man, what a storm! I was a little disappointed in missing Turneffe and not diving with Simeon. He said he had taken a break from guiding so Cory went with us 2 days. Farmed us out to Cal? one day and wasn't overly impressed with him. Durgon needs to vary the sites that they dive; seems that they do Tackle Box & Esmerelda over & over. Did another day at the North Cut; OK, saw a pod of dolphins there. I backed out of our last day since they were going back to Tackle Box & Esmerelda again. All in all, we had a great trip. I always enjoy the little laid back isle of CC.
received_1702783479816019.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom