Belize Long Caye NewResort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this the old Lighthouse Reef Resort property? I was there in '92 and it was very nice. You can fly in instead of taking the 5-hour boat ride from Belize City.

Long Caye is another island on the south end of the reef. I have also been to the Lighthouse Reef Resort, and it was great, and I was thinking of going back, until I saw the web site for this new resort. www.longcayeislandresort.com/index.html They have a vidio on the web site showing rooms, etc.

We are interested in finding out about this too. We are going to Ambergris Caye in January and hope take a tour. According to the website they have already sold many lots. If anyone on the board have purchased a lot I would love to hear from you. If not when we get back I'll let you know what we found out.

Since you are on Ambg Caye, you will probably do a 1 day trip to Lighthouse Reef Atol. Normally this is the Blue Hole, and a lunch on Half Moon Caye. Half Moon wall is a fantastic dive and is often the second dive after the "Hole". Do not miss this dive, as it can be loaded with all sorts of excitement. We had 3 dolphins playing with us at the 15' stop. We had mantas "flying" over the garden eels just inland of the outer reef. Next time I go, I will spend my dive at about 20' just under the boat between the inner shallow reef (10') and the outer drop off.

Now, the new dive resort on Long Caye was the original subject, but I would like to talk to anyone about the atol.

I stayed (at that time) at the only resort on the atol-Lighthouse Reef Resort on the northern end. It was absolutely great, but the atol is 20 some miles long and the best diving is on the southern end. I'm not real excited about a development on Long Caye, but--I posted this oringinal note to see if this resort is real or just speculators trying to sell something.

Let me know what you find out, and thanks for the reply. Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom