Belize- Peter Hughes Dancer II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaldwell

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking of going on the Peter Hughes liveaboard in January or February 2005. I would welcome any comments as to whether this is a wise time to go in terms of conditions etc.

Many thanks

As far at the time to go I'm not sure. I was in Belize in January a few years ago and it was windy all week. I was on the Sundancer in June this summer and it was windy all week. Ya just never know. The Sundancer is a great big boat so we still hit most of the good sites. We had a most excellent time on the trip! If you'd like you could buy me a slot on the boat the week before you planr to go and I'll report back to you about the conditions.

Joe

I spent much of early Jan thru early Mar this year working on a boat in Belize. It was a period of intermittent storms that occasionally prevented us from getting out past the barrier reef itself to the atolls or Utila (at the southern end of our trips). After my service on the boat I spent a week or so on Caye Caulker and we were not able to get past the reef once. However when the winds weren't blowing the diving was great. Storm season reportedly doesn't end until March.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Storm season reportedly doesn't end until March.

Dr. Bill

That's about it.

Remember- when it hits subzero in the upper midwest (Illinois, etc)... when freezes hit the Texas coast... weather from Coz down to San Andres is about to turn to poopie.

That why, on Roatan at least, we hang on the South side of the island... out of the "Norther".

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom