Belize vs Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other consideration is cost. My trips to Maui probably represented some of the most expensive diving I have done in the 35 years since I was certified; whereas Belize offers a much better value for your dollar spent.
Interestingly, our trip to Belize had stayed ours most expensive for several years, with about $8.5K total for two of us in just one week plus extra weekend, until this price record was surpassed by Maldives. Hawaii, where we'd spent about 7 month total by now, never came even closer in a price per trip. But in Hawaii we find inexpensive VRBO and do mostly shore diving.

What about Lamanai or Tikul or ATM?

You don't really know that much about Belize.

Have you been at all or only the once?
Just once. This still does not make a trip to Belize zoo an outdoor acivity.

8.5K? Lol

Where did you stay? Top unit at Victoria House? Or penthouse at Phoenix?

Belize Agressor, plus some hotel in the city.

Then, you probably did some fine Caribbean diving but know next to nothing about Belize, the country or its treasures.

Then, you probably did some fine Caribbean diving but know next to nothing about Belize, the country or its treasures.
I never said I did. But since you know Belize so well, you are probably aware of the fact that this country ranks number 4 in the world by per capita murder rate?

So, it seems alot of people here suggest hawaii over all for a new diver, with more activities.

So, I was going to look into the Hondoras Islands, of Roatan and Utila.

How are those in comparison to Hawaii or is Hawaii still going to top it?

Sorry, that I wasn't as specific as I should have been... I spent $4,500 for a week for two people

Air to BZE: 650x2
Puddle Jumper: 125x2
Condo/5d scuba: 750x2
Blue hole: 280x2
Groceries: 400?
Dinners/beach bars: 400?

That's close to 4500.

Another inside tip, you can take two bottles of liquor into Belize duty-free, and unless you want to drink Belizean rum, the alcohol can be pricey

@OP - PM me your email address and I will forward you the last package email i received from Reef Adventure when i researched a return trip.

MC

So, it seems alot of people here suggest hawaii over all for a new diver, with more activities.

So, I was going to look into the Hondoras Islands, of Roatan and Utila.

How are those in comparison to Hawaii or is Hawaii still going to top it?
Diving in Utila and Roatan is great--BTW, it's probably the least expensive boat diving you can find in the Caribbean--but there's not much else you can do there.

How long is your planned trip?

Roatan is extremely good diving, and Anthony's Key Resort a lot of times has a buy one get one... I think we did Roatan for 2500 for both of us and we flew on Miles, so it made it very cheap

again I think there's a very good value and doing the live aboard, and it happens to be on sale 25% off, December 14th through the Roatan aggressor is 2246 per person

Back
Top Bottom