"bent" computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My computer is "bent" but I am not? Not sure I understand why...supposedly the entire bottom time over 4 days...any ideas?

My computer is "bent" but I am not? Not sure I understand why...supposedly the entire bottom time over 4 days...any ideas?

What type of computer is it and what is the display showing? Screenshots or picture?

Regards

Richard

Your computer isn't bent, it's programmed to lock out when it thinks you might be bent.

This is done so you'll (hopefully) take the hint and stop diving for a while, and give your body time to offgas, as well as watch yourself for signs of Decompression Sickness.

The short story is that you have done something that violated it's mathematical model of how your body absorbs and off-gasses nitrogen, and it has calculated that you have an elevated chance of having injured yourself. Typically this is done by:

• Diving a sawtooth profile (lots of ups and downs in a dive)
  • Ignoring a mandatory stop (Exceeding the no-deco limit, then not doing the deco stop)
  • Ascending too quickly

Terry

Can you rephrase your last question..."supposedly the entire bottom time over 4 days"...what does that mean?

Are you saying that your computer is showing that your bottom time is over 4 days? If that is the case your computer is broken and needs to go back to the factory.

If you are saying that your computer has locked you out for 4 days then it's still broken since there is nothing that you could do that should lock you out for 4 days.

However, "supposedly the entire bottom time over 4 days" is not a question and doesn't even make sense from a grammatical point of view so any answers you get here will just be from someone trying to guess what you are saying.

Your bottom time was of 4 days?

How big was your tank ? :D

I had a computer that read 4 feet deep at the surface, on the boat, thus generating a multi-day dive perhaps similar to the one I think you are describing. Do you monitor it? Did the depth reading make sense? Did you notice it not registering your surface intervals? What did your no-decompression limit look like on day 2? Is it a backup, or is it your primary? If you're not looking at the thing and it's not a backup, maybe you should just make a paper-weight out of it.

Word!!

:shakehead: Hopefully you did not miss a mandatory deco stop and are now wondering why your computer has locked you out.

Back
Top Bottom