Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A number of people have implied that I was being sexist, I think that her policy comments have been what has bothered me. Like Quayle, she was plucked from obscurity to be a heart beat away from leadership, and completely unprepared for it. Her comments about death panels were another area where I felt she play very heavy handed with the truth, along with assertions that she was an aggreived party after the Gifford tragedy. The nail in the coffin for me was her leaving the governorship to cash in at FOX. She took a job for the people of Alaska and after 2 years ran off to run for VP and when that didn't pan out she dumped the job. I don't see all these other Alaskans giving up so easily. She talks about things she can't be bothered to learn about in depth (Paul Revere's ride to protect our right to have guns?), health insurance etc...and doesn't even look over her shoulder to notice a guy killing turkeys right behind her... My problem is more with her than the politics. These miners may not be the best divers, or the smartest people even, but they are putting themselves out there in away that you have to respect.

The soliders were going to confinscate the powder and shot from the town amory thereby disarming the people. So he did ride to the right to keep and bear arms. Remember the founders believed this and other rights were birth rights not given by govt only repressed govt. So she wasn't as wrong as you might think she is about this.

I'm not even sure most of those miners are Alaskaens. They come from all over I think.

I can't recall Sarah Palin being on a single episode of this show:D

I apologize for hijacking the thread, she is the only annoying celebrity from alaska that I would poke with a stick and it fit with the thread...My bad. Let us return to the more non-political snarking about braining numbing entertainment about brain numbed miners...

I apologize for hijacking the thread, she is the only annoying celebrity from alaska that I would poke with a stick and it fit with the thread...My bad. Let us return to the more non-political snarking about braining numbing entertainment about brain numbed miners...

It's SB, it would be no fun if we did not walk down some rabbit trails. Its Friday, time to chill.

Only 45 minutes until the next (& last) , exciting episode. Let's see, add about 20 minutes of time for the DVR to get ahead of the commercials, a couple beers to take the edge off and I am good to go.

She gave him a block of wood!?!?!?!?! For ballast!??! I DVR this so I'm a little out of sync.

I enjoyed how her dive buddy (forgot his name) was showing her his weight belt and pointing out the "flippy thing" the buckle.

The best part of the last episode was when they were showing what could happen to a diver under the ice when it buckled and the diver was reduced to red stain in the water. Needlessly graphic, I wonder if they showed that bit to the divers during production.

The best part of the last episode was when they were showing what could happen to a diver under the ice when it buckled and the diver was reduced to red stain in the water. Needlessly graphic, I wonder if they showed that bit to the divers during production.

That would take all the fun out of it.

congrats!

Divers,

Hi, tune in to Discovery Channel's Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice that airs tonight/ August 24th 2012 @ 9pm est. It will also be re-airing saturday and throughout the week if you miss it! We were part of the Underwater Camera crew filming in the "refreshing" 27 degree water under 5ft of ice! It was a cool job...literally! It was amazing to see these guys dredging for gold and what they find will impress you!

It will air Friday's at 9pm for 5 weeks!

Becky

View attachment 133666

Hi Becky. I just wanted to say I saw your article in Diver Mag. Very cool! I love to see fellow 30 year olds making it big. Keep up all the great work and come dive in the northwest anytime. "inland northwest divers" is our local facebook page if you want to check it out.

Jared McFarland

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom