Bermuda dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for recent recommendations on Dive Ops, and getting to the dive ops from the Kings Wharf area where our ship will be. I have noticed there is not much discussion about Bermuda.

Yup, just what I thought. This is my 2nd attempt at this in the past few months. I guess there is not much diving in Bermuda and not many dive ops. I will throw the dart.

There are three that I know of, and I have heard good things about all:
Dive Bermuda- located at the Fairmont Southampton hotel beach- My choice, based on many years of fine diving.
Triangle Divers-located near the eastern end of the island
Blue Water Divers-Several locations.

Getting around Bermuda can be a bit problematic, so location may be a factor.
Taxis are great, but somewhat expensive, and hauling wet dive gear may be troubling for the driver.
Buses are cheaper, and very good, but they run their routes, on their schedule.
Have you asked the cruise line where they would suggest booking??
Enjoyu your trip.

Now I know why there is very little action on Bermuda threads. The diving is expensive and they only do a single tank dive in the PM. I can't get more than 3 dives a day. WTF..why even bring my gear?

3 dives a day should be plenty.. i go diving every weekend and haven't gotten tired yet.

Sorry I've had family visiting and been away from the thread!

There are several dive shops around the island and from the Dockyard area the closest one is Fantasea Diving.. the next is Bluewater Divers, then Dive Bermuda and then two more locations in the east... There is a TON of diving here and if you contact the shops some are willing to work to put more dives in for those who are interested. We are currently in the very busy season till about labor day so it is harder for the dive shops to make exceptions because everyone is running on a schedule from both hotel and cruise ships.

If you are interested in more dives do not hesitate to ask..

Let me know if you need any other information.. I have put the links up before in the previous thread but by typing in the names in google tends to have them pop up for you to be able to contact...

take care4

Since this was resurrected over a year later I will give you some feedback.

I will never dive with Fantasea in Bermuda ever again. Ever.

I should have gotten up early and figured out a way to get to Triangle in time but they are very far away on the island.

Since this was resurrected over a year later I will give you some feedback.

I will never dive with Fantasea in Bermuda ever again. Ever.

I should have gotten up early and figured out a way to get to Triangle in time but they are very far away on the island.

since you cam back i will reply now to one of your earlier posts

Now I know why there is very little action on Bermuda threads. The diving is expensive and they only do a single tank dive in the PM. I can't get more than 3 dives a day. WTF..why even bring my gear?

not sure where you got that from, we were there in february, which is off season, and still did 2 tank dives in the morning

we are going back september 27 to get more diving in, with Blue Water again, and we rent bcd, regulator and tank and its not any more expensive then home

Bermuda is an awesome place for diving as well as visiting
personally i love the fact that its not overcrowded like other places

blue water is under new ownership, I have heard good things, especially compared to what I have heard of their past...

my suggestions are usually dive bermuda (DIVE Bermuda - Scuba Diving Shop at The Fairmont Southampton Princess) or triangle diving (Triangle Diving Bermuda - Best Dive Shop)

My wife and I dive with dive bermuda every week, great professional dive operation, top notch staff and equipment. Dive bermuda is centrally located at the south hampton princess, triangle diving is towards the airports. Both are great operations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom