Bermuda Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
Forgive me if I have posted this in the incorrect area but I do not exactly know what the area BErmuda lies in, is considered. So, my wife and I are considering another cruise this August and Bermuda was the destination we were thinking of. Can anyone make any recommendations as to a dive op, sites, reefs, wrecks etc. Thanks for the info. Oh, I realize people will suggest a livaboard to a different destination but my wife is a non-diver so it needs to be a vacation in which we both have things to do.

We used Blue Water divers at Somerset Bridge. If you're docking at the Royal Dockyards, its pretty close. Its also near a ferry stop, which is handy. We had one person with us who just snorkeled, so if your wife likes to do that, Bermuda is a great place. Most of the wrecks are in less than 75 ft of water. There is alot of detail on their website. http://www.divebermuda.com/

we used blue water divers too... we loved it!! When I get home, I'll look at my dive logs and see what I wrote.

Edit: actually, my logs are posted on mydivebook.com but i read them and I dont have any interesting stories for Bermuda, but really enjoyed the diving there... seemed saltier than the Caribbean.

Hi oversea,

I'd recommend the operation called "Dive Bermuda"- their website is www.Bermudascuba.com
they have a shop very close to the Hamilton dock-a short walk from where the cruise ships tie up.(Weird coincidence-their shop name is the same as the website name for Blue Water Divers, another gpood op.) They also have another shop at the Fairmont Southhampton's beach, and they dive the southern sites from that location.

There are a number of good wrecks and reefs- some of the wrecks (with apologies for spelling): the Constellation, the L'artington, the Nola.
On the South side: the Hermes, the Mari Celeste, and the Minnie Bresslauer.

There are nice reefs all around the island- remembering that you'll see a different set of sealife than at refs further south.

Also, the island is great (and relatively safe) for non divers. My GF and I have been going for 20+years-and she is not a diver!

If you do a search, you'll probably get more information.

take care,
Mike

I lived in Bermuda for 2 1/2 years but didnt dive back then (yes I need to be slapped) I hope to return one day and see the other side :)

miked:
Hi oversea,

I'd recommend the operation called "Dive Bermuda"- their website is www.Bermudascuba.com
they have a shop very close to the Hamilton dock-a short walk from where the cruise ships tie up.(Weird coincidence-their shop name is the same as the website name for Blue Water Divers, another gpood op.) They also have another shop at the Fairmont Southhampton's beach, and they dive the southern sites from that location.

See this post to realise that it's not so weird!!

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1061422&postcount=14

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom