Bermuda Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do yourself a favor and take the taxi to Tuckers Point Diving. Way superior operation to Triangle. Smaller boat and nicer people. No cattle runs and really nice outfit. I've done them all and THEY are the best. Terry used to be at BWD; Now runs Tuckers Point. Make sure that you contact them first before arrival. You will have a great time. I won't dive with any other op on Bermuda.

I put this in the other thread but it is worth a report:

there was some news in the past couple of months of sewage issues with some of the beaches along south shore, these issues only happened with very specific weather conditions. To be honest there is nothing to be concerned about, however the local population has been on the government heavy to ensure these issues are resolved. No idea when they will be resolved but their occurrence is so rare (maybe 5 days a year, usually in feb/march) that you really have nothing to be concerned about.

I am in those waters every week and I have never had any issues.

as for dive shops..

Triangle is on the north shore, smaller boat, good operation
Blue waters is on the west coast, larger boat, have been hearing good things lately but still haven't gone out with them
Tuckers is near triangle and is a nice shop, but they only go out if they have enough people to justify it.
Fantasea is in dock yard (where the cruise ships dock), they are the main cruise ship shop, have never gone out with them.
Dive Bermuda is who i dive with every week, love the shop, the large boat, the dive sites, even the wade out to the boat is a good way to wake up in the morning.

I just returned from a 7 day cruise to Bermuda and we did our referral dives with BWD. The five shops that NJCFM mentioned were the same ones that came up in my research as well. Tucker was on the other side of the island so I considered BWD and Dive Bermuda. I chose BWD for a few reasons; price, proximity to the dockyard, and no "PADI-tude" since I am an SSI diver. My dive dates were the 29th and 30th of May and I used a 3 ML exposure suit and was totally fine over the four dives. Since I now have my C-Card I might try the other shops like Tucker to explore the different sides of the island. Neutral Bouyency.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome to the underwater world of diving.

Nice job. Fun diving in BDA.

padi-tude, pretty funny.. sounds more like you have concerns more so than any of the agencies or shops on the island.

I have never had an issue with any agency or any shop having an issue with someone certified by another agency at most they ask you to do a quick shore dive to show that you can setup your gear and handle yourself with a dive master by your side.

Hi there!

I have a friend visiting Bermuda in September. She's not a scuba diver but loves to snorkel.
Can you recommend any good snorkeling spots easily accessible from land?
Thanks!

church bay park, anywhere off of south shore, admiralty park is good but can be dangerous due to fishermen and hooks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom