Bermuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to Bermuda in July -- family reunion. Only 2 other members of my extended family are divers, and they are newbies. I guess the good news is that Bermuda has plenty of shallow diving -- perfect for people with less experience.

Has anyone dove Bermuda recently -- what are the top 2-3 sites you would recommend?

Thanks!

Hi Large Diver,
I have read wonderful things about diving in Bermuda. Just an issue back or so, one of the dive magazines did a whole write up on all the wrecks there.
I'll have to go back and look through my pile and see if I can find it for you.
I would go there in a heart-beat.
Have fun!
:sunny:

Hey large,

The article Natasha likely is talking about is "Bermuda" in the Mar 2001 issue of "Rodale's Scuba Diving."

Happy reading.

DocVikingo

Large Diver

I went to Bermuda on honeymoon about 18 months ago. The diving is very good and shallow. A lot of the wrecks are very broken up or just remains of wooden ships. I’ll take a look at my log book and let you know which I thought were the best (bad memory for names…). One of the wrecks was the original idea for “The Deep”, though the film was shot on the Rhone at BVI.

I dove with a company called Blue Water Divers (www.divebermuda.com) who were very good. They had a couple of locations on the island and we dove with all of them for some variety. They offer a PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty course at one site. That course is about the most fun I have had underwater. If you want to have a bit of fun and have never used one before, I can very strongly recommend it. I’m not too bad on air in general but on those dives the cylinder came back full.

Just for your guide, I went in July also and dived in t shirt and shorts though most people were in shorties. We did find a few thermoclines that were not suitable for shorts!!

All in all the diving is very low stress and easy. I wish I was going back. You’ll have a ball.

i have dived in bermuda on a few occasions. the wrecks are great but where are the fish??????????????????????????????every mag even has no fish in the pics.years ago i talked to a local ...........the resident bermudian fisherman were banned from fishing for ten years .pais quite handsomely around 100 grand not to fis for ten years!!!!!!!!!!whew oh thats commercial fishing by the way long line charters for us tourists are still ok.they like our money i guess.well have you seen where all the fishies have gone?anyone?

Scubaman,
I would like to know where you stayed in Bermuda? Also, what dive operator did you use?
I don't know many people that have dove there, and I would love to have that info.
By the way, The DOC was right of course. The article was in Rodales.
I'm here with Imersed, Sport Diver, Skin Diver,
Advanced Diver, Dive Training, and Rodales Scuba Diving. So as you can see it takes me a while to find the one I read it in.
As for where did all the fish go? Interesting question. Could they swim south for the winter, like the birds fly south?
:sunny:

large diver: hi!
I've dove Bermuda since'83, and I like Nautilus diving.They have 2 shops-one in Hamilton (at the Princess)_if they have the new boat they ordered last year- the other shop is at the Southhampton Princess.you get to dive North and South Wrecks. My favorite South Wreck is the Hermes. North,the Constellation. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom