Best and cheap Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Leonardo as well and the 1 button navigation works well. Setting nitrox is easy and can be done fast.

Leonardo has no 21% nitrox. Other computers have air and ean21, because ean21 does calculate oxygen toxity. Some computers are blocking you out, if you switch from air to nitrox withing a certain time. That's why you dive ean21 on the first dive and ean32(or whatever) on the next dive.

You're right, it goes from "air" to 22. I haven't actually checked this before, or did and forgot, because I only dive normoxic nitrox (with thanks to @EFX :)

According to the Fine Manual the Leo tracks PO2 and oxtox regardless of the mix. Personally I think not doing that would be a dumb design decision and I wouldn't recommend a computer, or anything, designed by stupid.

The Mares Puck is another inexpensive option. Less than $150 shipped brand new on E-Bay. It`s not air integrated so you need a pressure gauge but that's what happens when you go inexpensive.

I have owned a Cressi Leonardo for five years. It does everything that I want in a computer right now.

I do not like the one button navigation. It has never worked easily for me, frequently passing the setting that I want to make. If I had to change a nitrox setting during a surface interval, for example, I would be swearing. Once it is set, though, it works just fine.

My biggest gripe is having to pay so much for the computer download interface. It is not a necessary piece of equipment, though.

I am looking to buy another computer myself, one that is easier to navigate. That said, I don't have to hurry because the Leonardo is ok.

I have owned a Cressi Leonardo for five years. It does everything that I want in a computer right now.

I do not like the one button navigation. It has never worked easily for me, frequently passing the setting that I want to make. If I had to change a nitrox setting during a surface interval, for example, I would be swearing. Once it is set, though, it works just fine.

My biggest gripe is having to pay so much for the computer download interface. It is not a necessary piece of equipment, though.

I am looking to buy another computer myself, one that is easier to navigate. That said, I don't have to hurry because the Leonardo is ok.

you will never regret it if you go with a Shearwater.

you will never regret it if you go with a Shearwater.

FVO "never" = until garmin descent AI comes out. I mean, seriously... if one's OK with the Leo, it's a safe bet they're not gonna give a flying !@#$ about 80% of the features you get at the teric's low low price of $1K+. At least garmin gets you smart watch that tracks your calories and answers your phone calls for the money. Geez...

FVO "never" = until garmin descent AI comes out. I mean, seriously... if one's OK with the Leo, it's a safe bet they're not gonna give a flying !@#$ about 80% of the features you get at the teric's low low price of $1K+. At least garmin gets you smart watch that tracks your calories and answers your phone calls for the money. Geez...
Garmin is a newcomer to the scuba world, we are a miniscule part of their business, they could bail at at time if their business model says to. Kind of like Seiko bailed....

Garmin is a newcomer to the scuba world, we are a miniscule part of their business, they could bail at at time if their business model says to. Kind of like Seiko bailed....

Funny: according to libdivecomputer, cressi leonardo is a seiko, and last I looked at my leonardo, it showed no signs of bailage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom