Best bang for the Buck Drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJCBS

Live to dive! Dive to live!
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for suggestions on drysuits brand, things to think about, any other helpful input.
Thank you

Need to dive in colder water temps. I'll spend what I have to. but I will end up having to buy 6 of them in the end.

neoprene, trilam, do you fit off the peg or will you need custom cut, are you cave diving, wreck penetration, ice diving, need a suit heater, dryglove rings, etc etc. All of that will go to choosing the right one

I have a budget typhoon and a waterproof both neo and both seem to do exactly the same thing. The only difference I have noticed is that the boot soles wear out quicker on the waterproof.

It will have to be custom I'm thinking neoprene but what's some suggestions? I like wreck penetrations I may ice dive never have and the rest I don't know.

From someone that just bought a new dry suit - rent one and try one out in the waters you think you might like to dive in before writing the check.

The Straits of Mackinac are very cool but in a very different way than any spot on Palancar Reef.

If that type of diving winds your crank then I personally ended up with a custom DUI TLS 350. I like how the boots aren't attached for easier drying, the fit and the weight. I don't plan on slipping thru cave cracks so I thought the material choice was good enough.

I don't like the bulk of a dry suit, I don't like the confines of a hood and I really don't like 5mm gloves. I don't like baking on a boat while getting ready and feeling like I'm gumby getting ready for a party. But, I wasn't a bit cold or a bit wet in 42 degree water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom