• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Best bang for the Buck Drysuit...

Discussion in 'Advanced Scuba Discussions' started by ScubaJCBS, Aug 7, 2018.

1. RainPilot

RainPilot OC/CCR Instructor Trainer Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I haven't dived a Santi and the DUI I tried didn't really fit me well, the Rofos I used in training was good but my Seaskin fits me well and I have no problems with mobility at all, for valves or for general cavorting. I have dived with a Whites Fusion undersuit and also just in 4th Element J2 base layers with no real difference in flexibility that I could notice.

EireDiver606 likes this.
  2. stuartv

stuartv Seeking the Light ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    A friend of mine got a Santi E-lite about 18 months ago. The boots have already gotten a hole in them (under the strap? The place that is notorious for failing).

She was in town recently and had a look at my Seaskin trilam. She ordered one for herself today... :D

laikabear and RainPilot like this.
  3. ofg-1

ofg-1 Course Director

4. EireDiver606

EireDiver606 Public Safety Diver

Seaskin seems like very attractive suit. Maybe try a Santi after experience try dives....

I’ve heard that Predator drysuits in the UK are pretty good too, although I haven’t heard of anyone who has used one of their suits,

5. Jason Bingham

Jason Bingham Nassau Grouper

What do the Scubaforce drysuit a run? I can’t find any pricing anywhere.

Jason

6. JohnnyC

JohnnyC PADI Pro

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Jason Black (on facebook) is the US distributor for Scuba Force. Give him a shout. https://www.facebook.com/jason.black.336

7. jlcnuke

jlcnuke Solo Diver

Here is one site that sells them Drysuits - Scuba Force

8. Diver-Drex

Diver-Drex Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I am very happy with my Seac Warm Dry. I paid $850 for it. I big advantage to neo suits is not having to spend a lot on under garments. I just use what I already own. For water down to 50 just a very thin set of thermals over moisture wicking compression shorts and a T-shirt works great. 40s and 30s gets heavy weight polypropylene left over from my days in the military.

The fit is a big deal. Im an athletic 6’1 and 220, the suit pattern fits me well. The boots were way oversized so I had to swap them out. If you’re not typical in proportions an extra $200 for a custom fit suit is well worth it.

9. KentB

KentB Barracuda

I went with a ursuit endurance one.

It was $2000 cad plus tax custom measured including pee valve and neck ring for replaceable seals

DUI and Santi locally are atleast double the price. Everyone I know with either doesn’t rave about how awesome they are either........ they usually bitch about the cost and service availability.
    But I’ve only had a few months but so far I’m super super impressed.
    More than a few friends have said when they need a new suit this will be a top contender.

10. Dan_P

Dan_P DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Fun to see how much the locale matters. Don't get me wrong, it's natural given transport costs and taxes, and good considering the environmental impact of transportation. I just find it curious.

Like, in Europe, the convo would probably be about Santi, Fourth Element, Rofos, ScubaForce and maybe Ursuit and Black Pearl, instead of rubbish :)