Best BCD, and Regulator for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See if your new summer dive job has DIN valves you can use for the duration. There is a pretty good chance you have at least occasionally used your DIN plus yoke adapter 1st stage on a DIN valve with a yoke insert rather taking advantage of the DIN. An insert on a convertible valve can be removed with the proper hex wrench.
At my home uni, that's the majority of the tanks. Usually I forget about that, but I'll check at this next place. Thanks!

Some 1st stages (current Sherwood, for instance) will also have a significantly lower profile if you swap sides for the hoses. The HP ports would then be above the LP ports rather than the typical configuration below. Just if you try it, be sure there is still enough clearance between the 1st stage body and the shoulder of the cylinder.

I'm currently 4 days out from flying to a new dive job for the summer, so might have to order the harness materials to that site. I might try that STA that was recommended too. I'm a pretty short person and most of my height is in my legs, so maybe I need a shorter plate. I'll see how an STA looks and goes. At this point I'm used to the first stage, but it definitely doesn't help that I've now been conditioned to do a caver's frog kick with my knees bent 90 degrees and having to arch my neck and head up as a matter of course. Other than that, the BP/W is incredibly comfortable compared to a jacket.

Sounds like you have your bases covered from replies after this post. Just wanted to wish you luck with your new summer dive job! :D

I use a Oceanic Hera QRL4.
I enjoy the back inflate design because it doesn't squeeze my chest when filled with air.
The shoulder straps are attached to a track that allow you to move them left or right. So, depending on your body, you can move the straps wherever is most comfortable for you.
The cummerbund is adjustable in the back, which allows you to make it more narrow or wide.
Also, there are cushions at the right places.

1st & 2nd stage I have an Oceanic Alpha 10 + CDX, Yoke. It's a step up from an entry level set-up. Depending on how often, where, and the temperature of the water really dictates what kind of set-up you should get. The biggest difference you'll notice with pricier regulators is that the air flow is SIGNIFICANTLY smoother.

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the market for a BCD and regulator. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best BCD for women? There are a good many on the market and I'm a little torn. I read very good reviews about the Cressi travel light and the Scuba pro lady hawk but am still unsure. I am also looking for a regulator. I was certified on a Sherwood Brut and I'm considering buying one but was wondering if there is anything better out there. I typically dive tropical waters (FL, Mexico, etc) and I want something reliable and can easily be serviced.

Thanks in advance!

have a look here
In the beginning I used very nice BCD Wing-style, but integrated. Oceanic Islander 2. It was very very comfortable. Unfortunatelly this model is EOL.
oceanic-islander-2-bcd-300x300-jpg.451765.jpg

May be you be able to find it somewere in old stocks.

Now exists Biolite - make a look to that.
It has same pockets for dropable weights (no internal bags, you can drop just ledweight)
Unfortunatelly it has not normal pockets for loot.
bcs_biolite_3qtr_blue_1_8-jpg.451766.jpg
and here
Make a look to Zeagle Zena or Scout
It could be nice for you

About regulators:
Woman`s equipment should be nice! All other - is mans problem :)

look at Reyson SAS Neo-RII
10127_neo-r2m_exp_pnkl-jpg.452593.jpg

It is most cute regulator, that I ever seen.

By the way - it is also very good construction.
But can have some problems with accessment to buy or service.

Otherways there is another, more popular, but not so nice:
Apeks Flight
52d93e1eee004cff4b1c2d2bf8ee9196-jpg.452594.jpg

and
I think Apeks Flight is more nice, than Micron... also it exist in PINK colour! :)
flight-arctic-pink-resized-png.526212.png

and it should be more lightweight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom