Best BCD for the Ladies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there to all The "Gal" Divers

I want to buy a BC for my girlfriend as she is close to doing her OW next week. There is numerous BC's that is made specially for woman's "Unique physique"... I need your imput at what to look at and give me some quidelines...

Must be:

Durable
Comfortable
Practical
Good quality
Value for money

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Being a gal myself, I went with a back plate and wing from www.golemgear.com. I was able to get a custom fit. It feels better on than any other bc I have had on. I like that you can adjust the harness at anytime. My rig would work for 100 woman or a 250 pound man with just a few minutes adjustment.

Whatever you do, don't buy anything without your GF trying it on first. Fit is the most important thing, and regardless of how "great" a BC is, if it doesn't fit, it isn't so great anymore!

That said, have her try a Zeagle Zena. It's modular in design so you can custom fit it to her body. It's also a back inflate, and very minimalist in design.

My wife swears that it's the SeaQuest Diva, regardless of vintage.

I have a Seaquest Diva that I have had for 10 years - first or second year that they came out. The lycra on the bodice has faded to a dark gray, but otherwise the BC looks almost new.

My wife has a Zeagle Zena... very modular BC (back inflate), and she loves it... Zeagle also has a new 'Lazer' for women, I've heard... with a slightly different form factor...

My wife just got the Lazer, which is basically a Stilletto with a different shape made for ladies, and she loves it. After renting BCs for a while we both found that we really preferred the back inflation BCs over the Jacket style. So I would have to recommended the Lazer.

My DiveMaster daughter loves her ScubaPro LadyHawk.
My wife tried both the SeaQuest Libra and LadyHawk and went with the ScubaPro.

I second the advice about making sure she's tried it on for fit. BCs (and people) are cut and adjust differently, and there's nothing that suits all anatomies and sizes (except a BP/W, of course :) )

I started with a SeaQuest Libra, which is a nice BC except that it was a little bit too big for me. Too big makes it sloppy and makes the tank unstable on your back, which is very uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom