Best boots for semidry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briannapstevens

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey, Scubaboarders:

I have a new semidry suit (it's AWESOME) for diving Monterey. Of course, the awesome part is how it seals to my skin. My only problem is that my boots won't fit over it. And if I wear the boots under it, they immediately let water in, which kind of defeats the point. Also, the ankle zips on the semidry open up a bit after me stuffing my boots underneath.

I don't know what the right answer is. Are there boots without zippers that are stretchy enough on top that I could pull them up over the ankles of my suit? I don't know what drysuit boots are like...is that something I should check out?

I'd love gloves that also help me keep the seal.

Anyone got recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Brianna

yup. I use the NRS paddle shoes. They're awesome

Hi, again. Sorry to ask more questions. I just looked at these online. They look great. But two questions: 1) is the top stretchy enough that I could pull them over the ankle of my wetsuit? And 2) does the zipper ever open up? Mine constantly do. It sucks. Thanks in advance.

I have not had them open up and I get them over my drysuit and have gotten them over my wetsuit ankles. They aren't really that stretchy because it's a boot, but they stretched enough for that.
I have not had the zipper come open on these

Back
Top Bottom