Best Camera Batteries ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay everyone i use a Intova IC 800 8.0 Mega Pixels. And i use to use the Duracell Rechargeable 2000 mAh. And now i found a new one called Duracell Rechargeable 2650 mAh batteries. I used them in Colorado and they lasted a full day of taking pictures it took 2 days to drain them dry. Make sure you drain them before recharging them so you don't hurt the cells. Here are a few pix of the batteries.

PICT0875.jpg

PICT0876.jpg

Don't Forget about Mini Lobster Session the 29 - 30th of July. LoL as you can see on my calendar

When you say best you mean "better than my really old ones" or do you really think that there is a "best" battery. If you mean highest capacity, then the duracells are in the middle of the pack. If you mean shelf life fully charged then they are near the bottom. Best is a word best left to the guys making commercials, I think. Not to be grumpy about it, but best will mean different things to different people. Why not say, these are cool batteries and they last a long time. BTW most good quality NiMH batteries have minimal memory effect so charging after partial discharge is fine, particularly if you don't overcharge them. Overcharging is typically a much bigger issue than charging after partial discharge.

Bill

When you say best you mean "better than my really old ones" or do you really think that there is a "best" battery. If you mean highest capacity, then the duracells are in the middle of the pack. If you mean shelf life fully charged then they are near the bottom. Best is a word best left to the guys making commercials, I think. Not to be grumpy about it, but best will mean different things to different people. Why not say, these are cool batteries and they last a long time. BTW most good quality NiMH batteries have minimal memory effect so charging after partial discharge is fine, particularly if you don't overcharge them. Overcharging is typically a much bigger issue than charging after partial discharge.

Bill

Yep i agree but they are pretty good and cheep at $14.95 for 4 of them that's pretty good. You have to agree with that. :cool2:

Unless you need low self-disharge (Sanyo Eneloop), I'd give the "best" crown to the Maha Powerex NiMH batteries.

MAHA POWEREX 2700 mAh AA4 NiMH Rechargeable Batteries2 Free ..

Cheaper than the Duracell, and I'd say better. Also carries a one year warranty, which they'll actually honor, unlike just about any other battery out there. Maha's are pretty legendary among those who are really get into rechargeables.

Duracells are more widely available, but that's about their only advantage.

You need to go to Thomas Distributing if you think $15 for 4 is cheap. They have almost all types of rechargeables. Their price for the duracells is less than $10. I like the Maha and Ansmann myself but find that for strobes at least the low discharge batteries like the eneloops give more flashes even though the rated capacity is a bit lower.
BVA

Back
Top Bottom