Best Caribbean dive Resorts??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Robinson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The wife and I like being treated like we are " Rich and famous" for a few days of our meager Middle Class lives. We definitely like going to the 'All Inclusive resorts." What are the best Diving All Inclusive resorts in the Caribbean??

If you don't care about life outside the resort, check out Little Cayman Beach Resort. Only a couple hours away, spectacular diving, and you barely have to lift a finger. There is very little to do besides the diving, but if that doesn't bother you, it's easy to feel spoiled at LCBR. In addition to packages that include all meals and drinks, they do all the heavy lifting, to/from the boat and even on the boat itself. I took a group of 20 people there a few months ago. I just setup the same trip for May 2018 and 70% of the people from this year have already signed up again, even though it's 11 months away. That's a pretty good indicator of how enjoyable it is.

Based on your 0-24 dive profile, you will probably enjoy the diving wherever you go. We certainly enjoy LCBR for diving and amenities. Go for an ocean front room on ground floor. Walking right out of your room onto the beach is amazing. Southern Cross Club on LC might be even better re food and room quality but I have no recent experience there.

What type of all-inclusive are you looking for? A vacation club with some diving or are you looking for a dedicated dive resort? And when do you plan to travel? What is your budget?

If you are looking for a big all-inclusive then check out Beaches or Sandals Resorts and some of the other big AI resorts in the Caribbean. These resorts are often very luxurious and may also offer diving - although there are variable reports about the quality of the diving and the dive ops at some of these AI resorts so you will have to do some research. The Beaches Resort on Provo in the Turks and Caicos sits on the beautiful Grace Bay Beach and there is excellent diving in the T&Cs although I prefer liveaboard diving there because some of the best sites are rather far away.

There are also some AI resorts in Cozumel, Mexico that include diving and some of them are very popular with divers.

St. Lucia has several popular AI resorts and some folks love the diving but I was disappointed when we went there years ago. Pretty reefs but not many fish and a lot of small animals and sealife, but I haven't been there recently.

The Plaza Resort on Bonaire is an all-inclusive but there are many mixed reviews of the resort, food, and accommodations - so again be sure to do some research. To get the most out of a trip to Bonaire you should rent a car or truck and plan on doing a lot of shore diving.

If you are looking for a nice, small, diver-dedicated AI resort then I agree with @bmorescuba and @Doctorfish that you should check out the Cayman Islands.

The Cayman Brac Beach Resort and the Little Cayman Beach Resort and the Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort are all owned by the same family. They are smallish, diver-dedicated resorts on the 3 Cayman islands with the same onsite dive op - Reef Divers - that provides valet services which is very nice and may make you feel like one of the Rich and Famous.

These are all small resorts (around 40 rooms) and CBBR is the nicest resort of the 3 IMO and it offers the best food and the diving is also very good. There is also a small spa on the resort property.

LCBR has the best diving in the Caymans because the Bloody Bay Wall and Jackson's Bite are among the best reefs in the Caribbean and it is a nice, small resort and the food is very good and they also have a small spa.

The CCGCR is located on the highly developed and popular island of Grand Cayman but they are located off the beaten path (but near the beautiful North Wall). The package includes 2-tank boat dives and unlimited shore diving on the House Reef but the shore dives are sporadic because they get winded-out fairly often.

I have never stayed at CCGCR but I have dived with their op and it seems like a nice place - but maybe not as nice as CBBR and LCBR, but that's my opinion and I haven't actually stayed or eaten there - just visited. I don't know if they have a spa but there are a lot of options on GC.

These 3 Cayman all-inclusive resorts are offering some great specials between mid-November through mid-January that include free Nitrox and free Nitrox certification if desired, see the first link below. The packages include 2 dives per day at LCBR and CBBR but you can upgrade to 3 for an additional charge. If you are not planning to travel during the holiday season, these resorts offer other packages throughout the year, see the second link below.

Free Diving, Nitrox, and Nitrox Certification*

Clearly Cayman

There are a lot of dive ops and places to stay on Grand Cayman but not many all-inclusives. You might also take a look at Sunset House near George Town (breakfast included but not an AI) and Compass Point on the East End, I don't think that it offers an all-inclusive option but it is a dedicated dive resort with apartments with full kitchens - but it is far from the most popular restaurants and attractions of Grand Cayman - but the East End diving is very good.

It's a big world of diving and soon you may also want to think about liveaboard diving, have fun!

Last edited:
KathyV, the OP wanted luxury. There is nothing resembling luxury at either Plaza Resort Bonaire, Sunset House or Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman. I have stayed at all of them. Old and tired. ( like me ) They are ok as dive lodges go but certainly not the haunts of the rich and famous.

There is a luxury resort and spa on the Brac that I have not stayed at, but gets rave reviews re food and accommodation. Le Soleil del Or? Anyone been?

Last edited:
Le Soleil del Or, maybe. Anyone been ?

KathyV, the OP wanted luxury. There is nothing resembling luxury at either Plaza Resort Bonaire or Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman. I have stayed at both. They are ok as dive lodges go but certainly not the haunts of the rich and famous. Both are old and tired.

I know, but it wasn't really clear what the OP is looking for (at least not to me!). That's why I asked all those questions.

He didn't use the word "luxury" but he said "Rich and famous" and then referenced "meager Middle Class lives" and asked for diving all-inclusive resorts.

Many of the more luxurious Caribbean resorts are not dedicated to diving although they may also offer diving. I decided to give him several options across the spectrum to help narrow down his wants!

Le Soleil del Or, maybe. Anyone been ?

Le Soleil D'or on Cayman Brac is supposed to be fabulous but I don't think it would be a good fit for someone with "meager Middle Class lives" and they are not all-inclusive. They have "farm to table" restaurants that are supposed to be wonderful.

Last year on Brac we saw a small, private jet flying in and one of the CBBR Divemasters said "they must be going to Le Soleil" - Rich and Famous indeed!

Back
Top Bottom