Best cenote dives near Cozumel or playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just looking for recommendations for a good cenote dive in this area. Which ones do you suggest?

Did this last year...life changing experience. In fact I think that's where my profile pic is from, Dos Ojos cavern. We did others but this was by far the best. Enjoy!

My son and I did 2 dives at Dos Ojos as a day trip from Cozumel. Took the ferry early in the morning with our fantastic DM from Aldora, Mateo. We had breakfast in Playa del Carmen, were driven to Dos Ojos, had lunch during the SI, reverse route back to Cozumel with return late afternoon. Two great hour dives, unforgettable experience.

Addendum: I hadn't checked the Aldora website for a while, looks like the cenote trip is no longer on their menu, you could ask

Last edited:
Dos Ojos is an easy dive and fairly open. Your second dive will probably be Bat Cave which is a bit tighter and darker.

Hit Spring Lake and practice going slow and maintaining neutral. Same water temp and specific gravity as the cenotes in the Yucatan.

We did "The Pit" and then Dos Ojos. We liked both but "The Pit" down to about 90feet was very cool. They are very close to each other.
The_Pit_Map.jpeg

there is a cave on the island called Cocodrilo. I did not get to dive it due to a mix up in plans, but it is there.

Dos Ojos & Chac Mol are my 2 favorites.

It all depends on your level of training and skill set.

FWIW, if you're going to do these dives: get certified. All these trust me dives scare the crap out of me.

Back
Top Bottom