Best chargeable AA batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwlast

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Question, who makes the longest lasting rechargeable AA batteries? Looking to try and get 3 dives out of my c5050 before having to change batteries out. That said, I'm using all the power saving techniques (turning LCD off, not reviewing photos, etc). Trying to find out who has had good longevity with what batteries.

I've never been anything but impressed with the Powerizer cells.. but I'm sure they're not THE longest lasting batteries for that camera. No idea what is..

Wouldn't it be better to change the batteries out after a dive or two and keep the LCD on, etc?

jonnythan:
I've never been anything but impressed with the Powerizer cells.. but I'm sure they're not THE longest lasting batteries for that camera. No idea what is..

Wouldn't it be better to change the batteries out after a dive or two and keep the LCD on, etc?
I also use the Powerizer batteries, and get 2 dives out of them, using the LCD and reviewing photos. Mine are a year old and still seem to be holding up.
C-Dawg

A higher mAh rating does not necessarily translate into longer-lasting power in a camera.

D_B:

I've got this exact same set of batteries and charger from them.
I've been REALLY HAPPY with it. I use the 2300mah batteries
in my camera and in my strobe.

(I actually bought the 24 pack and two chargers. the 24 pack comes
with 6 battery cases that hold 4 batteries each.)

I looked at other batteries including "brand name" ones and ones
from Thomas Distributing and decided these were the best bang
for the buck. One of my co-workers did a battery comparison
of these(Powerizer), the Engizier, regular alkaline, and and the ones
from Thomas Distributing(PowerEZ I think).

They all did well, but they Powerizer was within a percent or two
of the performance of the others and was 1/2 or 1/4th the cost
of the others. The "final results" showed basically that the
Powerizers were the best bang for the buck.

If you want to see the comparison test, sent a PM to ScubaLuke . I'm sure he'd be glad to send it to your or post it here.

-Mike

I've been using the 2300 Powerex from Thomas Dist. in my Canon A95. This year in Roatan I got four dives a day out of the same set of batteries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom