Best chargeable AA batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo:
Aren't the CR-V3 batteries designed to drop in place of a pair of AA's?
I think so, but looking in the battery compartment of my camera, they would not fit.

The compartment has at least two of the battery slots molded over 90% of the circumference. There's no way a battery with a flat section between the round halves would fit. The only way to get a "two-slot" battery in there is if they're connected by a thin strip right in the middle.

They might not fit in some cameras although they are only flat on one side - the other side is molded the same shape as the batteries. They do fit the C5050 though (that's the only camera I can speak about for certain as I have it), and I should imagine that they will fit other Olympus models as well as Olympus actually makes the non-rechargeable ones. It should be easy enough to check though. One word of warning about them though. Apparently some of them actually produce 3.7volt, so you need to be really sure the camera can handle them.

jonnythan:
I think so, but looking in the battery compartment of my camera, they would not fit.

The compartment has at least two of the battery slots molded over 90% of the circumference. There's no way a battery with a flat section between the round halves would fit. The only way to get a "two-slot" battery in there is if they're connected by a thin strip right in the middle.

why not get the rechargeable AA lithiums then!?!

they will also outlast the NiMHi's

clive francis:
why not get the rechargeable AA lithiums then!?!

they will also outlast the NiMHi's

Do they exist? I've never seen them but I would think they could be a great alternative in theory. Again - I would be sure to check the voltage issues with them first. One other thing- what you actually need is Lithium-Ion batteries, not just Lithium ones. There is a difference I believe.

The best rechargable AA batteries that I have ever used are by far Monster Power Batteries. I have used energizer and some other name brand rechargeables and the monster batteries are BY FAR the longest lasting and best batteries ever. I use them in MP3 players, my digital camera, wireless mouse, everything that needs AA's. I can't say how long they would last as far as dives go, but IMO they cannot be beat. You can get them at Best Buy, and probably other places as well. The charger w/ 4 pack of batteries runs about $36.....go to www.bestbuy.com and search for monster battery.

ripvan100 sells those industrial grade SANYO (green looking) battery, i thought those are just plain ugly, but do work very well, i also use the other SANYO 2500 NiMH rechargeable commercial grade (not those green ones), these batteries are hard to find in the stores here in the States, however they are easy to locate when i travel to the Asia region and the SANYO batteries are just simply awesome in my opinion

After trying several brands over the years, I've settled on PowerX NiMH from Thomas Distributing, Using them exclusively the last 3-4 years. I have no problem getting 3 dives out of a set of 2300's, and that's leaving the monitor on and having plemty of power left to viewing. in fact, I could propbably get 4 dives but have never pushed it. I just got some 2500's, now Leesa tells me there's 2600's out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom