Best crap 40 USD Go Pro clone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I have a Go Pro 6 and I am very happy about it. I am considering to buy a crap low cost clone in order to make some experiments of underwater videography in a river. There would be a high risk of loosing or damaging the camera, that's why I need something ultra-cheap to understand how I can securely make these videos. Then I would use the Go Pro only when I feel confident I can do it.
I can consider both new and second hand
Found this EKEN which is new and even 4k (?????)

Original EKEN H9 Sports Camera H9R Ultra HD 4K@25fps 170 Degree WiFi 2.0" Underwater Waterproof Helmet Cam Camera Action Cam-in Sports & Action Video Camera from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thank you
It seems we have this in Europe but much more expensive, like about 110 USD unless I am comparing 2 different models
https://www.amazon.it/ACTIVEON-Gold...=UTF8&qid=1534259075&sr=8-4&keywords=activeon

Wow - double the price. Here it's $55. I wonder if you could order from the USA Amazon site?

Even at $110 it's a whole lot cheaper than a GoPro and, easily, just as good. Take a look:

You will notice a bit of reddish tinge in places. It's not from the camera. I did some automatic color correction (wasn't using a filter) and the tinge showed up. If I knew something about doing manual color correction ... but I don't. Anyway, you can see how clear it is and the GoPro has the same color at depth problems.

All GoPro accessories fit with the exception of filters. I bought some and only had to remove (grind off) a side section to get them to fit. If you get one, let me know and I'll post some pics of how to modify the filters.

Impressive...Will check if I can get it from the US without paying too much for shipping and custom fees

I have been using the Apeman a80 and really like it. Great video quality, 4k, 1080p, etc. It seems that the a80 is no longer available, but the "upgraded" model is available for about $10 more than the model I have.

GoPro accessories all work, except for the actual GoPro dive housing. The Flip filters can be installed, with a little electrical tape to fill any gaps in the bezel clamp.

https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Under...381904&sr=8-1-spons&ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa&psc=1

Thanks
Do I understand well that in the 69 USd version you get also the underwater housing the bag and all the accessories?

Back
Top Bottom