Best describe your diving.

What kind of diving do you do?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coolest freaking job ever.
upload_2020-3-26_9-7-44.jpeg

Can’t disagree with you lol...that’s me in the suit! Just one of the many perks.

WWPF
warm water pretty feesh

NBL Diving?
i paid some Russians enough money that they “invited me” to dive in their Cosmonaut tank. It was kinda green and smelled like... not good.

8DFFF57B-DDAB-4DA9-863F-C7B210E3C0CB.png

Is there "I take the fifth" option for recreational?

Warm water technical wreck commercial spearfishing and lobstering. I marked hunting as 99% of my dives are hunting with the other 1% being fossil dives.

I would say >80% of my diving is spear fishing in 70 degree or warmer water.
I have an 8 mil that my healer puppy decided to break in before me :mad:..for cold water flounder gigging in January and February. Gotta figure out how to repair zipper and patch hole in shoulder.

Last year spent a week in cayman site seeing.

Also did a cold water river (spring fed) drift dive and had a blast.. I've done about 10 wreck dives here in the states and just booked a few more for this summer

For instructors, DM's and others who dive for work, would you like us to answer based on our personal diving habits rather than including the job?

For example; if I include ALL dives, the majority would come under recreational as this accounts for most of my teaching. However, if I narrow it down to my own fun dives, the majority would be technical.
Yes, personal diving please, that would be great.

I clicked on Photography because I almost always carry a camera.

In what universe is a 50 meter dive for 20 plus minutes with a sling bottle of “deco” gas considered an AOW recreational dive?

Operative word was “should”, implying a re-calibration, unrealistic as it may be, of the definition and profile of advanced open water diving.

I guess I identify with SNSI and CMAS’ outlook that deco should be part of a diver’s fundamental training. I would have appreciated exposure to the principles in my basic and advanced OW training rather than being trained to fear surpassing my NDL as if it were some kind of bomb about to go off.

Anyways, personal dives.....massive coral walls in deep open water for me but I’m sure north Florida caves and cenotes in Mexico are in my future as soon as I retire and settle down in one spot.

Back
Top Bottom