• Welcome to ScubaBoard


  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Best describe your diving.

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by Eric Sedletzky, Mar 25, 2020.

What kind of diving do you do?

  1. Warm water

    66.8%
  2. Cold water

    44.6%
  3. Recreational 130’ max respecting NDL

    62.0%
  4. Technical wreck and cave unlimited

    16.3%
  5. Technical deep ocean unlimited

    9.8%
  6. Photography

    33.2%
  7. Hunting

    10.3%
  8. Just looking

    39.7%
  9. Vacation

    47.3%
  10. Local

    48.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. toris1968

    toris1968 Nassau Grouper

    # of Dives: 100 - 199
    Location: Houston Tx
    154
    84
    28
    upload_2020-3-26_9-7-44.jpeg

    Can’t disagree with you lol...that’s me in the suit! Just one of the many perks.
     
    woodcarver, eleniel, Doc and 4 others like this.
  2. BoundForElsewhere

    BoundForElsewhere Waiting for the zombies ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 50 - 99
    Location: New York, New York
    963
    1,086
    93
    dude. what's up with your head?
     
    woodcarver and chillyinCanada like this.
  3. Doc

    Doc Was RoatanMan

    # of Dives: None - Not Certified
    Location: Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
    9,934
    2,705
    113
    WWPF
    warm water pretty feesh

    NBL Diving?
    i paid some Russians enough money that they “invited me” to dive in their Cosmonaut tank. It was kinda green and smelled like... not good.

    8DFFF57B-DDAB-4DA9-863F-C7B210E3C0CB.png
     
    chillyinCanada likes this.
  4. dmaziuk

    dmaziuk Orca

    5,610
    2,015
    113
    Is there "I take the fifth" option for recreational?
     
    DXHI likes this.
  5. 100days-a-year

    100days-a-year Solo Diver

    # of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Location: NE Florida
    2,128
    522
    113
    Warm water technical wreck commercial spearfishing and lobstering. I marked hunting as 99% of my dives are hunting with the other 1% being fossil dives.
     
    Doc and Eric Sedletzky like this.
  6. DXHI

    DXHI Angel Fish

    # of Dives: 50 - 99
    Location: United States
    30
    11
    8
    I would say >80% of my diving is spear fishing in 70 degree or warmer water.
    I have an 8 mil that my healer puppy decided to break in before me :mad:..for cold water flounder gigging in January and February. Gotta figure out how to repair zipper and patch hole in shoulder.

    Last year spent a week in cayman site seeing.

    Also did a cold water river (spring fed) drift dive and had a blast.. I've done about 10 wreck dives here in the states and just booked a few more for this summer
     
  7. Eric Sedletzky

    Eric Sedletzky Great White

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: Santa Rosa, CA
    3,920
    3,855
    113
    Yes, personal diving please, that would be great.
     
    Graeme Fraser likes this.
  8. RockiesFan

    RockiesFan Great White

    4,911
    3,725
    113
    At the moment non existent.
     
    Doc likes this.
  9. Searcaigh

    Searcaigh Chromodoris gordonii Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: Dubai, UAE
    5,650
    4,333
    113
    I clicked on Photography because I almost always carry a camera.
     
  10. NothingClever

    NothingClever Barracuda

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Red Sea and Atlantic Ocean
    457
    535
    93
    Operative word was “should”, implying a re-calibration, unrealistic as it may be, of the definition and profile of advanced open water diving.

    I guess I identify with SNSI and CMAS’ outlook that deco should be part of a diver’s fundamental training. I would have appreciated exposure to the principles in my basic and advanced OW training rather than being trained to fear surpassing my NDL as if it were some kind of bomb about to go off.

    Anyways, personal dives.....massive coral walls in deep open water for me but I’m sure north Florida caves and cenotes in Mexico are in my future as soon as I retire and settle down in one spot.
     
    Dark Wolf likes this.

Share This Page