Best dive spot you can get to from Delhi in < 8 hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stargazer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are going to be in India for a week in March, but she stays longer and I get to fly somewhere to dive for a week. I have been thinking Andamans (Havelock) but am wondering if I would do better flying another couple hours to get further east and south. Last trip was to Ambon so looking for something that will measure up to that if possible - any suggestions ? Opinions on Andamans on this board seem to vary a lot.

Yes, I just got back three days ago.....ended up flying from Delhi to Bali (about 9 hours total), spent a wonderful week at Padang Bai diving with Geko Dive (an excellent outfit in my experience, which I learned about on Scubaboard), then another superlative week on a liveaboard in the Komodo Islands (Komodo Dive Center's boat, Mastro Aldo - also highly recommended....great crew, divemasters, and food). It was definitely worth the extra flying time to get to these spots. Macro life in Bali was quite good, better than I expected, and everything from macro to whale sharks was on in the Komodos. As the moon was at mid-point, currents in the Komodos were relatively mild, and even though March is at the tail end of the rainy season, there wasn't much rain. So that was my trip in a nutshell - great diving, a bit further from India.

Sounds like an awesome trip! I am headed to Havelock next month so I will try to contribute some updated info when I get back :)

Will be interesting to find out what Havelock is really like....I did pass it up because Indonesia seemed to offer more, but that was based on the info I found on Havelock, which was fairly minimal. Look forward to your report when you come back - enjoy the trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom