Best Diving in Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My girlfriend and I are going to Spain next month (October). Will be starting in Barcelona and working our way down south along the coast (Tarragona, Valencia, and ending up in Seville). Any recommendations for the best dives or dive shops? Any help is truly appreciated!

If you're close to Barcelona, you should definitively try to dive the Medes National Park. I know 2 dives shop there, which will provide you with everything you need from rental equipment to dive master and even accomodations :

La Sirena Diving Center
Unisub (my favorite one, because it's smaller)

My last time there was 2 years ago.

Diving in l'Escala is very nice also, but I can't recommand any dive shops there, the one I knew are out of business now.

You may check Cabo de Palos. There’s a national park, I made a few nice dives there. Naranhito wreck was quite good. There were a few dive centers there

Man this is great info. I’m actually headed to Italy, France and Spain next year and wanted to dive. I’ll have 6 days traveling through Italy, France and then Spain before leaving from Barcelona on a cruise. So i wanted to do a dive or maybe 2 somewhere prior. Just no clue where the best diving over there is.

If you're close to Barcelona, you should definitively try to dive the Medes National Park. I know 2 dives shop there, which will provide you with everything you need from rental equipment to dive master and even accomodations :

La Sirena Diving Center
Unisub (my favorite one, because it's smaller)

My last time there was 2 years ago.

Diving in l'Escala is very nice also, but I can't recommand any dive shops there, the one I knew are out of business now.
I used to dive with La Sirena and I loved them. In October they aren't that busy anymore.... And Medes is a big YES!

Man this is great info. I’m actually headed to Italy, France and Spain next year and wanted to dive. I’ll have 6 days traveling through Italy, France and then Spain before leaving from Barcelona on a cruise. So i wanted to do a dive or maybe 2 somewhere prior. Just no clue where the best diving over there is.
Medes, for sure! Take your time in Catalunya... I used to work there and I love the place!

Unisub or La Sirena in Estartit and the spots around the Medes!
We used to dive there with Unisub in the last Century :wink: but from what i can see the spots are stil in perfect condition.
Or skip dives and enjoy Barcelona - wel... not the right advise in this forum, perhaps...
But Barcelona is mind blowing!

Back
Top Bottom