Best diving location in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest to book first a liveaboard that meets your needs and requirements and plan your vacation around it. There are limitless Vessels out there. Just make absolutely sure that the diving center is represented by its own instructors on the Liveaboard. It often happens that divers, without realizing it, are only booked on the Boat and then allocated to a group of divers (possibly with different diving experience).

Thats why we ensure a smooth consulting and booking process and take care of you during the Liveaboard personally, above and underwater. All tours are with guarantee accompanied by an experienced, multilingual instructor of Aloha Diving.

Lanta Island is the best diving location in Thailand. Especially the sea gypsy, underwater caves and make your day with mouth-watering seafood are really incredible. You may contact ferry shuttle provider “Andaman Ferry Service”. I feel their service is best among others hopefully your readers will also like it.

Buadhai,

Thank you for the recommendation. I am a Caribbean diver traveling to Asia for the first time and I am trying to make the most of my trip. If I am going to go I want to dive the best locations and make the most of my time there.

Would you suggest a liveaboard for South Andaman. Most that I find online go to the Similans.
Can you explain a little of the logistics. I don't think I have a good feel for the distances between locations or where to get on a liveaboard. If I fly into Bangkok.... Then what?

There also seems to be a huge difference between the Advertised "Argressors" vs. some of the local companies. The prices seem to be 1/3 the cost.

Thanks ahead of time for any additional advise you can share.

Cheers,

I'm not sure if you're already there yet, but hopefully I can help.

If you're flying in internationally, you will most likely land at BKK airport. To fly down to the south, you will likely need to transfer to Don Mueang airport as they have most of the domestic flights. It's not that far, maybe 30-60 minutes depending on traffic. Checkout Air Asia for good flights.

I suggest flying to Phuket as it's one of the easiest places to fly in to. That would only be like a 45 minute flight and shouldn't be expensive. There are liveaboards that leave right out of Phuket. Or, you can take a ferry to Phi Phi Island. It leaves off the East side of Phuket and if I remember right, it's about a 1.5 hour ferry. From Phi Phi there's lots of diving nearby.

If you want to go to Similan I think it would best to get a liveaboard right out of Phuket, but I have not done it my self. I think it would be a relatively long ride (maybe 4-5 hours?).

I'm not sure if you're already there yet, but hopefully I can help.

If you're flying in internationally, you will most likely land at BKK airport. To fly down to the south, you will likely need to transfer to Don Mueang airport as they have most of the domestic flights. It's not that far, maybe 30-60 minutes depending on traffic. Checkout Air Asia for good flights.

I suggest flying to Phuket as it's one of the easiest places to fly in to. That would only be like a 45 minute flight and shouldn't be expensive. There are liveaboards that leave right out of Phuket. Or, you can take a ferry to Phi Phi Island. It leaves off the East side of Phuket and if I remember right, it's about a 1.5 hour ferry. From Phi Phi there's lots of diving nearby.

If you want to go to Similan I think it would best to get a liveaboard right out of Phuket, but I have not done it my self. I think it would be a relatively long ride (maybe 4-5 hours?).
If he were here, a liveaboard would not be an option (with the exception of short 2 days/1 night trips to Phi Phi).

Back
Top Bottom