Best Dry Suits for Women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

morganne95

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am starting my cave certification this summer. I've tried on a couple dry suits at local shops and haven't found anything that fits well. I am 5'8/5'9 and about 160 lbs. Looking to see what dry suits women really like and don't like! Thanks!

My first one was by Diving Concepts (crushed neoprene), dived in DUI and Scubapro. My absolute favorite though is my SANTI Elite. It is the most durable, comfortable, least bulky dry suit. Easy to don with front entry zipper.

Look at Santi's Ladies First line. They come full custom but also have a huge range of off the rack sizes that can be fitted with the right sized boots etc.

If price is a significant consideration, take a look at the Whites Fusion suits. They're very forgiving in fit, very durable, and relatively inexpensive. I have two of them.

But I'll admit the suit I dive most of the time is my custom cut Santi. I have the Elite, and have had it for two years, and crawled around on limestone in it, and have yet to have a leak through the suit material. At retail, it costs about twice what the Fusion does, though.

Santi and Ursuit have nice models for women.
Seaskin does all made to measure at very affordable prices, so also worth taking a look.

I have the Whites Fusion (Tech skin) suit. I have curves (5 feet 3 inches, weighing 135 lb), but I cannot complain too much about the fit - an off-the-rack size fit me decently enough, and it even accommodated a 10 lb weight loss. The biggest frustrations (apart from mystery leaks) are the U shape of the zipper - my chest feels like the prow of a ship - and the saggy skin (which begins as soon as you put anything in your pockets, like safety spools). It also takes a little while to dry. If I could do it again, I would go for the Santi Ladies suit. It's actually cut to accommodate women's shapes (granted, Whites has a women's range but there are no pockets on one of them, and I dislike the cutesy purple) and the material is durable and dries very quickly relative to the Fusion. (It also comes in cutsey and non cutesey colors, if that's important.) However, it is significantly more expensive, but having seen these suits in action, I think that's its only drawback.

----

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom