Best editing software for pictures taken with sealife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, you can do more with PhotoShop, but that is a huge investment in time (both learning and using) and money, and still isn't as easy to use as Vivid-Pix.

The flip side is if you already know how to use the big guns, VP doesn't really have anything to offer. E.g. because I'm already used to the gimp's colour correction dialog, I find VP's interface rather kindergarden-ish. Sorry Rick, it's me, not your software :wink:

Hi dmaziuk, no offense taken. Really. Some folks enjoy using programs like Photoshop and Gimp. They're great software's.

We created Vivid-Pix - received a patent - to analyze an underwater image - apply our correction algorithm - to fast & easy improve it.

I just don't have the time or desire to learn these other types of software - so created something different - thanks for giving us a try. For others who are reading this post - that's what Vivid-Pix is all about - Fast, Easy image improvement.

Please give us a try - for free.

Please give us a try - for free.

I have, that's what my comment was based on.

I've used a lot graphics programs over the years, windows 3.11 paintbrush is the oldest one whose name I remember (I'm sure there was something dos-based before that, I just don't remember what it was). The only one I ever liked was micrografx picture publisher, RIP. I'm not particularly fond of the gimp but I'm used to it and you can't beat the price, so for me the gImp wins.

I tried VP on their free trial and it is worth the price for my uses. We have a professional photographer who teaches a UW photography course and uses Photoshop in her course. She is really good and some day I want to take her course too. But I want to teach a simpler class for those who use point and shoot camera and just want to "tweak a picture.

I tried VP on their free trial and it is worth the price for my uses. We have a professional photographer who teaches a UW photography course and uses Photoshop in her course. She is really good and some day I want to take her course too. But I want to teach a simpler class for those who use point and shoot camera and just want to "tweak a picture.

Hi Michael, glad you like it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom