Best fitting wetsuits for girls with boobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from diving a balmy 61 degrees in my 7mm Bare Sport and since I hate hoods, only a 1mm beanie. I never felt chilly. I had tried numerous suits, but like others, I'm so busty that I thought I either had to go into a man's suit (which is then enormous in the arms and too long) or a 2 piece (too much weight) or custom (I live in Ecuador). The Bare is a bit baggy through the hips, but when it compresses underwater, no problem. It does have cups/curves in the chest, so no more unibreast. ScubaPro (Everflex aka Neverflex) ran too small. Pinnacle too big. Body Glove so, so, but I need ankle zippers and padded knees. Aqualung/4th Element, etc sizing made me think, "Why bother?" I'm very happy with the Bare. It comes in many sizes, not just S,M,L,XL. And great price, too.

I'm new to diving and hate having to rent gear. Wetsuits are especially a pain. I've often been described as "tiny", but really I'm just skinny. I'm 5'7" 110 lbs with long arms and a bra size of 30C. So you can see why it's hard for me to find a wetsuit that fits. My torso seems to be fairly short, so for the most part smalls and x-smalls seem to fit my waist and torso length, but seem like 3/4 sleeves and capris! I get cold really easily but I don't want to give up my mobility to stay warm. So far from what I've tried from rental gear I'm leaning toward farmer janes just because I can somewhat mix and match. Willing to take any and all suggestions, but I'm a college student so the cheaper the better please! Thanks, this thread is great!

Hi Ladies,

This is a bit of shameless self-promotion but you asked what you thought the best wetsuit for women was and we think we make it. In fact, we make our suits specifically because we hated how all the other suits we've tried fit.

We only make wetsuits for women and we use a unique limestone-based eco-friendly material called Bioprene that stretches up to 513% so there's be plenty of room for your "Ladies", (unlike normal petrol based neoprene that stretches up to 60%.) Besides being eco-friendly, it's also a higher performance material that insulates better than normal neoprene and is more durable.

Plus, we sculpt all our wetsuits to fit women's bodies specifically, from carefully placed seams to thoughtful zippers we designed and tested our suits from the ground up to fit our own bodies. We're instructors and tech divers and so we've pushed our suits and others to the limits.

You can learn more about our women's wetsuits SwishSuits.com or get in touch with us directly at teamswish@swishsuits.com.

Would you be so kind as to supply details of bioprene's insulative ability, buoyancy characteristics and compressibility?

Hi Ladies,

This is a bit of shameless self-promotion but you asked what you thought the best wetsuit for women was and we think we make it. In fact, we make our suits specifically because we hated how all the other suits we've tried fit.

We only make wetsuits for women and we use a unique limestone-based eco-friendly material called Bioprene that stretches up to 513% so there's be plenty of room for your "Ladies", (unlike normal petrol based neoprene that stretches up to 60%.) Besides being eco-friendly, it's also a higher performance material that insulates better than normal neoprene and is more durable.

Plus, we sculpt all our wetsuits to fit women's bodies specifically, from carefully placed seams to thoughtful zippers we designed and tested our suits from the ground up to fit our own bodies. We're instructors and tech divers and so we've pushed our suits and others to the limits.

You can learn more about our women's wetsuits SwishSuits.com or get in touch with us directly at teamswish@swishsuits.com.

I must be reading this incorrectly: $450 for a full 3mm???!!! :shocked2:

How is this suit superior to other 3mm suits that cost 1/2 as much? Especially since none of the suits in your photos seemed to fit all that well...:confused:

Hi Ladies,

You also might want to use spell check on your front page. Weomen's??????

Swish-Suits, I enjoyed reading your bios. All three of you seem quite accomplished.

There do seem to be some large gaps in the fitting on the models. I'm not sure if those gaps might be filled in on someone more endowed. Even the arms have gaps, but again, it could be filled in on someone with more meat on their bones. These suits seem more suited to women with more voluptuous or heavier frames, rather than the slimmer, straighter models they are on. It might do you well to add some pics of models that fit your suits really well - or revisit the fitting.

I am a little concerned about the belt. Is it removable?

Since you seem to be from my neck of the woods, are there any plans to make 7 mm two-piece suits?

I agree that the pricing is way too high for a 3 mm full wetsuit, let alone a 7 mm full wetsuit. You seem to be pricing yourself out of any major market. I would have been interested if the suits were not so unreasonably priced.

I went dry. There's more chest room than I could ever use in my Pinnacle (unisex) drysuit!

I agree on a drysuit for temps that go below one's tolerance in a 3mm. Not only is overall fit less important (other than how snug the seals are) but with a membrane suit like a trilam, you get a very wide temperature range in which to use the suit simply by virtue of what you wear underneath it.

material called Bioprene that stretches up to 513% so there's be plenty of room for your "Ladies", (unlike normal petrol based neoprene that stretches up to 60%.)

Would you be so kind as to supply details of bioprene's insulative ability, buoyancy characteristics and compressibility?

I agree Thal - if the material stretches up to 513% then it must be super-compressible and therefore cold at depth when compressed.

I ended up choosing a custom tailored trilam drysuit - certainly not cheap, but all divers should carefully look at all associated costs. Do you want cargo pockets on your suit? Adding them yourself may cost $100-150. Do you want reinforced knees? That might add $100. Are you diving dry but are worried that the suit is too bulky around your feet so that you might want to add gaiters? Add more money. Suspenders? Add some more. In the end, divers (male or female) who are not "off the shelf" should look into tailored options in case they better meet your needs. Custom tailored suits often throw in extra options such as reinforced knees, etc., at no cost.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom