Best Maldives resort for diving end Jan24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info!! Prefer resorts.. Stonking fuvahmulah but maybe a week is too long there?

I just returned from Fuvamulah beginning of the December.

7 days including flying in and out will leave you with a max 5 days of diving if you skip the 3rd dive on the last day. We saw poor viz on some days, only one Tiger shark on one day, and I only remember one day as spectacular with both good viz and many Tigers … that too on the last-but-one day. The last day I skipped the Tiger dive - the other divers I heard, waited 25 mins before the first Shark appeared.

You may get better average experiences from late Dec to April though.

Have a look to Prodivers and their dive basis, they are generally really good....
We spent many years diving with them in Kuredu in August , it is also a good resort, reasonable value for money in our view...
We like Laviani athol since it is a bit out of the usual destinations, no risks to find another diving boat at any site, and there are some awesome dive sites like Kuredu express, Fushivaru Thila/kandu/corner, KFFK...
Prodivers organizes scooter dives which I recommend, on request they organize private boat trips as well, if needed.
My two cents...
have dived Keredu with prodive a few times and they are pretty slick. but like land based resorts pricey..surely livaboards a cheaper option and you see more

Which local island would you recommend for diving and snorkelling in February/March?

I dive local islands as hotels definately over $300 per night and i been to dive centres at resorts where they charge $150 per dive😭😭 i peronally like RAA AToll, South Ari and Maafushi (yiu can get alcohol there)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom