Best Oahu dive operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannyh

Reaction score
I'm a new diver going to both Oahu and Kona for 5 days each. Can I get recomendations on the best dive operations there?

"The best" is completely subjective . . . but I can give you my recommendations. Others may or may not concur.

Anyway, as far as Oahu, I definitely recommend Island Divers - very friendly bunch that love diving. They do boat dives on a daily basis - primarily out of town and on the east side.

The best diving during the summer is to do some shore dives off the North Shore. If you're traveling with your dive buddy, I definitely recommend renting some tanks and taking a look around. If you don't have a buddy or you are uncomfortable about doing the dives on your own (being new) I believe many operations will also offer guided shore dives.

Can't help you on Kona - sorry - but do a search on the board and you will find lots of recommendations.

Have fun!

For Kona, I highly recommend Kona Coast Divers - very professional... We also used Eco-adventures for our Manta Ray night dive and I would not recommend them - we felt that they were there to take your money and cared less about your safety...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom